PDA

View Full Version : Batch Add Folders/Images

SHIVASITE
December 16th, 2004, 06:10 AM
I use coppermine, not bad but running into a huge time problem with creating categories. I have thousands of images, all sorted by game name (It's a pinball site) Since I have over 3000 folders, you can see the problem, it could take months to type it all in, and then just as much time telling the system where to add the pictures to which folder.

I remember MyEGallery, which was a very simple system. Load in your folders into the proper place in the Gallery module, go to admincp, click the Batch add button, and then walk away and wait a couple hours while it automatically added the folders, created the categories for each folder, and then loaded the images and listed them automatically. No fuss, no bother, the batch build built my entire image gallery for me. (Only problem was the stupid permissions settings, which switched the folders to admin view)

Any chance for this? Sure make me part with the money, just for the amount of time it will save. pretty sure a lot of other people would like it as well. So far, I haven't seen it on other top image programs, strange, as MEG was a Nuke module.

Thanks

ConqSoft
December 16th, 2004, 09:33 AM
I thought there was an importer for Coppermine.... :confused:

ConqSoft
December 16th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Yeah, there is:

http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3795

Brian
December 16th, 2004, 10:02 AM
There's also a batch upload option where you can FTP the files to a specific folder and it will process all of the images you've uploaded to that folder.

SHIVASITE
December 17th, 2004, 08:05 AM
I was talking about the folders, as in having the system reconize folders, and create categories for each new folder automatically, instead of manually having to type in each category, and then manually assign the images found in that folder to the database. For instance, in MEG, I would upload the folder to ftp, and then set the system to batch build the database. The system would find the new folder, create a category in the database based on the folder name, and then create any child folders found in that folder as child categories in the database. Then it would add any images to the database and match the folder structure.

Brian
December 17th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Ahhh... Currently there isn't anything that goes that far and could do what you're describing.

SHIVASITE
December 17th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Okay, thanks then. Shame, would save months of work. You should look at MEG, it is a crude system, (or simple, as my 6 year old could use it) but lots of additional features, like a simple zip file download system built in, handy for very large image files, just make a preview screenshot, and have the full image available for download as a zip.