PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Ablistical
December 12th, 2004, 03:56 AM
I would like to know if this gallery could function where I would make a few catagories and forum members could then upload photos. (Obvioulsly this part works eh :P) The thing I would like in addition would be to be able to have a link in the vBforum postbit connecting to a gallery that would show all that users pictures he has uploaded. I seen where there is a members galleries part but I dont want them to have to upload there and in my catagories ect. Hopefully you know what I mean. I dont want a large messing members gallery part but instead my normal catagories and then in their profile and postbit you can go to a all uploads by a user gallery. Hopefully I explained that right. :)

Brian
December 12th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Do you mean something like this (http://www.vbadvanced.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=1)? If so, that wouldn't be hard to add to the postbit at all. Something like this should do the trick:

<a href="/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=$post[userid]">View $post[username]'s Gallery</a>

Ablistical
December 12th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Ya I believe thats it. Basically I just dont want alot of clutter from having each member his own gallery. Id rather have everyone post their pics into the catagories I make then if they wanna see pics from a user only you can do like your link with their own gallery. :)

Ablistical
December 14th, 2004, 12:03 PM
What happens if they dont have a gallery? Is there a way to show the link only if they have pictures to view?

Brian
December 14th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Not really...