PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail Question

Shadowsuite
December 11th, 2004, 03:53 PM
I am going to use vBadvanced Gallery to make a gallery of wallpapers, most of the wallpapers resoultions will be from 1024x768 - 1600x1200. When you are browsing the categories you get a smaller thumbnail, and when you click the image do you get the fill image and replies to your posted image? or if your image is too big (in my case) will it be resized (Yes, again) and then if clicked again opened in a new blank page?

KW802
December 11th, 2004, 04:32 PM
I am going to use vBadvanced Gallery to make a gallery of wallpapers, most of the wallpapers resoultions will be from 1024x768 - 1600x1200. When you are browsing the categories you get a smaller thumbnail, and when you click the image do you get the fill image and replies to your posted image? or if your image is too big (in my case) will it be resized (Yes, again) and then if clicked again opened in a new blank page?If the image is really big, like wallpapers, that are bigger than the file sizes that are defined to each file type then there will actually be three images: thumbnail, the "image", and then the "original".

When the user clicks on the thumbnail from the index they'll go the "image" but from there they can click on the image again to see the "original" version. I found this useful because I put some wedding pictures up on my site in a private area but I had to rotate some of them because the orientation was sideways. The thumbnails are the correct orientation & the "image" is the correct orientation but if anybody want to grab a copy of the image for printing themselves they can grab the "original" image which is the untouched version still facing the wrong way.

Besides clicking on the image itself the image details below the image will also then list two different sizes, the one being shown and the alternate.

For an idea of what I'm talking about see here (http://www.coolscifi.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=13). Almost all of the wallpapers are bigger then the file sizes I have defined. :)

Shadowsuite
December 12th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks, that's what I just wanted to know. I'm going to buy this script very soon :)

Shadowsuite
December 12th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Sorry, just one more question. When you are viewing the "image" and you click on it to get the original version, is it possible so that the original version opens up in a new blank page (As in target="_blank" and the page doesn't contain anything, just the image, no comments, no vBulletin header, etc.)

Brian
December 12th, 2004, 09:53 AM
That's not currently the way it's set up, but I'm sure it could be changed with a simple <if condition> :)