PDA

View Full Version : VbGallery?

HobbyTalk
November 20th, 2005, 02:47 PM
So PP has bought VbG. What are the plans for VbG?

Michael P
November 20th, 2005, 06:48 PM
We will continue to develop and improve the product as a seperate development project from PhotoPost. I am looking forward to adding more of our unique features to vBg and adding even tighter integration with vBulletin.

gruchacz
November 21st, 2005, 10:46 AM
We will continue to develop and improve the product as a seperate development project from PhotoPost. I am looking forward to adding more of our unique features to vBg and adding even tighter integration with vBulletin.

thats good to hear...

pelican
November 21st, 2005, 10:47 AM
when will we know vBGallery is available for download?
i am current vBGallery license user and checking when can i download the latest vBGallery because i havent upgrade it to vB 3.5 compatible.

Zachariah
November 21st, 2005, 10:57 AM
when will we know vBGallery is available for download?
i am current vBGallery license user and checking when can i download the latest vBGallery because i havent upgrade it to vB 3.5 compatible.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116854

Michael P
November 21st, 2005, 02:24 PM
The forums have been merged and we are in the process of merging the customer data into our system. This process will take a little bit longer as the two companies have very different customer management setups and we have to assign all vBGallery users PhotoPost licenses.

FleaBag
November 21st, 2005, 11:45 PM
Hi Michael. We may have got off on the wrong footing on vb.org. As you may have noticed I didn't bring AEI itself into the equasion as I have no prior experience. I'm curious to see how things develop, I hope you understand my comments were at a company and not personal level.

And thanks for sorting out my account. :)

Michael P
November 22nd, 2005, 07:44 AM
You're welcome and welcome aboard. I understand that it's an emotional time for alot of people (for different reasons), so going with the flow. I rarely carry a grudge for more than a few minutes.

:)

Scribbller
November 22nd, 2005, 10:00 AM
I am also from VBA a gallery customer, I cant find a site feedback forum here so I thought Ill ask a question here. Why cant I log into the members area through which I can download vbgallery?

Michael P
November 22nd, 2005, 10:05 AM
Have you gotten your license email yet with your login info? Those emails have been sent (or are in the automated process of being sent).

Ramses
November 22nd, 2005, 10:13 AM
If it's possible to tell, when can we expect an update and what features are planned to add? Is it possible to make some wishlists and if so will it be taken into consideration?
Thank you

Michael P
November 22nd, 2005, 10:15 AM
Unfortatunately, having just gotten the code and been preoccupied with getting support in place, I don't have any timetables as yet. I do know that we've been talking about taking advantage of the new hook and AJAX features, beyond that we'll need a little time to get things settled.

In the meantime, please offer suggestions. Anyone who has been involved in our BETAs will tell you we often add suggestions from people who participate.

Joeychgo
November 22nd, 2005, 12:32 PM
In the meantime, please offer suggestions. Anyone who has been involved in our BETAs will tell you we often add suggestions from people who participate.

Give it back to Brian at VBA -- Thats my best suggestion for the future of this product :D

trackpads
November 22nd, 2005, 12:44 PM
Give it back to Brian at VBA -- Thats my best suggestion for the future of this product :D
Give it back to Brian at VBA -- Thats my best suggestion for the future of this product

Joey, glad to have your constructive remarks!!! Not...

iloco
November 22nd, 2005, 10:28 PM
I been away a while and just now found this about VBG.
Will this in anyway effect how we are using photopost and have it integrated with vbb.
Can I continue to upgrade and it work now as has been all the time since buying photopost. :)
Little confused right now with what has taken place. :)

James Goddard
November 22nd, 2005, 10:30 PM
Will this in anyway effect how we are using photopost and have it integrated with vbb.

Wow, I hit reply thinking I was on another board and look...it worked. (Sorry for the digression, different subject.)

I don't think that the current events would in any way affect your use of PhotoPost.

James

mjm
November 22nd, 2005, 10:36 PM
PPPro will continue as it is ... The only changes will be added improvements :)
From announcement ...
We see the two products as each having a unique niche. PhotoPost vBGallery is a streamlined vBulletin specific application with a healthy yet paired-down featureset and a very tight vBulletin integration. PhotoPost PHP Pro is a feature-rich gallery with every bell and whistle, that works standalone and with several forum-types.

Down the road, it may make sense to combine the products in a way that all of our customers can get behind, but for now they will be separate products.

KW802
November 22nd, 2005, 11:35 PM
Can I continue to upgrade and it work now as has been all the time since buying photopost. :)
Little confused right now with what has taken place. :)iloco,

In short... PhotoPost will now be offering two gallery products instead of just one. "PhotoPost PHP Pro" is the product that most people associate with the name "PhotoPost" and that will remain as is. "PhotoPost vBGallery" will be a new product in the PhotoPost product line and it was formerly known as "vBadvanced Gallery" from vBadvanced. If you were never a vBa Gallery user then don't worry, you're fine, nothing has changed. But if you were a vBa Gallery user then there'll be some curves ahead in the road but they're being worked on.

twitch
November 22nd, 2005, 11:47 PM
I am looking forward to this!

iloco
November 23rd, 2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks everyone for reply. I understand now. Should have done a bit of searching and read more before asking the question. :)
Relief to hear its business as usual.