PDA

View Full Version : Delay before uploaded image appears? Auto logout problems, too.

pharry
November 19th, 2005, 03:45 PM
We just uploaded to the current version (rather, the photopost folks did this for us). Since then, I'm seeing a delay from the time we upload to the time it displays. This happened to me yesterday. I thought the first one must have failed, so I uploaded again. Eventually both showed up. We're ending up with duplicates where people think there must have been an error, and try again. Uploads do not require approval. Any ideas why they aren't showing up right away?

The other issue we have is folks are getting logged off randomly. We use phpBB, and when we log on there, it also logs us into the gallery (photopost). Sometimes we find that we are no longer logged into the gallery. It may happen in the midst of browsing the gallery, too. Any ideas?

Chuck S
November 19th, 2005, 05:01 PM
As far as a delay I would suspect your internet connection as this greatly affects the speed of how the file is transmitted to your server. Once it is on the server where photopost can process it the time is pretty consistent.

as far as login Photopost uses cookies I would just ensure your user's are making sure to check REMEMBER ME when logging in through phpBB

pharry
November 20th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Chuck, after tinkering a little more, it appears that the image is showing up in my member gallery immediately, but it isn't being displayed when you hit home - in the most recent uploads. Any ideas?

Chuck S
November 20th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Cache that would be your issue. It will appear in like 10 mins or in admin global options turn off your cache to 0

pharry
November 20th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Woo Hoo! Thanks!! That did the trick.