PDA

View Full Version : Where to find good description, what does it mean "VB3 Integration"?

charm
November 19th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I'm going to buy VBulletin and install it at my site served by PhotoPost.
What does it mean "Integration"? Links to integration examples from the PhotoPost website doesn't speaks much.
Are there somewhere description of that integration?

Thank you in advance!

Crow
November 19th, 2005, 06:55 PM
www.nitro-powered.com/gallery/index.php

My sites "Intergrated". What that means is the style of the gallery is pulled from the forums, also the members are pulled from the forums and use the forum database to house all that information. Does this help?

charm
November 20th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Thank you! A lot of questions.
1. Now I have working PP with 1000 users.
After the installation of VB3 I had to import all these users from PP to VB3. Are there such procedure?
2. Are there any other 'integration elements' beside user database and styles of the gallery?

Thank you in advance!

Crow
November 20th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Thank you! A lot of questions.
1. Now I have working PP with 1000 users.
After the installation of VB3 I had to import all these users from PP to VB3. Are there such procedure?
2. Are there any other 'integration elements' beside user database and styles of the gallery?

Thank you in advance!

1. This a staff member would have to answer as I went with a forum first and not the other way around..

2. It will also take if a user on the forums has a avatar, signature, there postbit information, etc.

Hope that helps also.

Michael P
November 20th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I havent seen a PP -> vBulletin importing script done and unfortunately do not know enough about their importing system to know how easily it might be done. Since it is only a users table you are looking to import, it may be as simple as lining up the problem fields and importing them manually making sure the userid stays the same.