PDA

View Full Version : Input Needed: Photo Blocks

Michael P
October 27th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Right now PhotoPost will display photo blocks within a category for photos contained in that category and any children. But lately, I've been thinking that maybe that should be different: maybe photo blocks should only be displaying images from that specific category and not the children.

What do you think?

mjm
October 31st, 2005, 02:54 AM
What do you mean by 'photo blocks'? - Most recent /Most Random etc?

Now they are showing up on all category/showmember pages in 5.21 and were not > 5.14 except on the index page.

As I have Most Recent up top, it just creates a duplicate of most recent showing in category.

Here's my request on how to remove Most Recent /Random blocks (2 I'm using) except on index page.
http://www.photopost.com/members/forum/showthread.php?t=116504

Thanks and sorry, ;) Others may want this.

~ Mark

Chuck S
October 31st, 2005, 06:47 AM
I vote for specific category

Michael P
October 31st, 2005, 07:47 AM
There is an undocumented feature with the current build of PhotoPost which lets you turn off featured photos for everything except the index page. This will be rolled into the next update, but for now if you are running the latest build with the updated pp-inc.php, at line 183:

// Undocumented switches to put included in next update
$Globals['catcache'] = "yes";
$Globals['features'] = "yes";
$Globals['quickopts'] = "yes";

Set the features line to "no".

mjm
October 31st, 2005, 08:00 AM
Thank you! I wrote too soon in my how to request!

I like your idea, but at our site where we have a growing number of sub cats with not many pics in each cat, it looks more confusing.

Because we have Most Recent showing at top, and pics in descending order,
The top pics are duplicates.

I can see how this feature could be handy for displaying at parent cats, per specific cats.

Cheers,
~ Mark