View Full Version : sidebar in latest version(NOT A BUG)
October 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
i just downloaded the newest version, and performed an upgrade from 5.1 to 5.21. i had a major issue with cookies at first (the upgrade changed the cookie prefix... have no clue why that needed to be erased, but it was blank in the db after the upgrade) but that has now been corrected.
now for some strange reason (and ive hunted and cant find it listed anywhere... sorry if this is duplicated) all of my sidebar data is gone. the sidebars show... but they are all empty. the statistics pal shows 0 on everything (even though there are a few thousand photos up there), top posters is an empty table, highest rated is an empty table, etc.
i have uploaded... made some comments... everything i can, and nothing changes. outside of that, everything works fine. no issues or errors.
October 21st, 2005, 06:37 PM
Url to install?
Does the categories display?
What happens if you set in global options in admin the cache timeout to 0
October 21st, 2005, 06:46 PM
just emailed you the url.
yes.. the categories display fine. the forum works perfect with the exception of the sidebar.
i currently have it set to '0'... but have played with many different settings over the last hour or so, all with no change to the sidebar.
in the admin panel... the stats are correct:
Current Version 5.21
Registered Users 2,209 Comments/Ratings 149
Image Space Used 582.9 mb Total Photos 3,976
Total disk space used by the DATA directory 818.47 mb
Number of Albums 0 Photos in Albums
Posts in Albums ECards in Queue 0
Awaiting Approval 0 Total Views 254,814
but the stats pal on the sidebar still just shows empty...
Disk Space 0
(as well as top posters, comments, etc.)
i have tried turning off all the pals... the sidebar.. tried everything i can think of. not sure where the sidebar is pulling its info from though.
October 21st, 2005, 10:08 PM
ok... i have hunted and picked apart the database all evening and i am coming up empty here. the only place i can find what appears to be what this information is being pulled from is in the table pp_cache. all of the information in the table though is correct... there are no problems as far as i can tell.
i made a half hearted attempt to see if i could isolate the problem, and exported the entire database, and dropped it into a dummy install of 5.1x (believe it was 5.13... not positive)... and it worked fine. so the only conclusion i can come up with is something in the coding. ive since redownloaded a fresh copy from this site... then reuploaded all files three times just to make sure.. i keep coming up with the same issue.
i cant be the only one experiencing this problem if thats the case... i dont have any hacks installed... its all a clean basic install with vb3 integration. ive tried turning off integration... and that had no effect.
i really dont want to lose my sidebar... it was the number one reason i bought this program as opposed to some of the open source solutions... so anything at all that you can suggest, please do.
October 22nd, 2005, 09:40 AM
You must ensure you have uploaded all the new PHP files and TEMPLATE files
This would seem to be your issue here
October 22nd, 2005, 12:43 PM
im pretty sure i did... several times. no way to tell anymore though. i gave up on it this morning and stripped it all, and did a fresh install and restored chunks of the database. its working now anyway.
thanks for your help.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.