PDA

View Full Version : Photo contest question / 3 images and description

rgbman
October 6th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I have read through the features and know about the contest feature but I was wondering if someone could help me either understand how to do this or if this would require a modification.

I need a photo contest that will only allow vbulletin users already established to submit 3 images and a small description for the entry. When you click on a entry it will show up with the 3 images and description.

Then only registered users can vote but anyone can view the images. The registered users will vote for the user with the best car or whatever.

I need to be able to see the top 3 people for that month. The rest of the images and descriptions need to be deleted or kicked out of the contest. If allowed they can move their old entry into the new month but with none of the previous votes. Each winner will then be entered into a yearly contest. Again users will pick they yearly winner.

I welcome anyone’s thoughts on this. Can this be done with little modifications or out of the box? I am willing to pay for this as well.

Michael P
October 7th, 2005, 01:20 PM
PhotoPost doesn't support displaying multiple images on a single page in the format like you are suggesting; nor is the contest feature that specific as far as how the images are submited.

What you want would be a custom job, you might want to get in touch with omegatron to see if this is something he can do for you.

rgbman
October 7th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks exaclty what I needed thanks. A clear answer on what it will and wont do.

I already have paid for another solution and they couldnt get it to function with vbulletin.
So I am trying to go the photopost route.

I will contact omegatron and see what he has to say.

Thanks Michael P

Michael P
October 7th, 2005, 03:37 PM
If you'd like to see the contest feature, I ran a contest on my site a while back:

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/index.php/page/3

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/3087

Now voting is over, so the contests are closed; but you can see how people posted images and then my users voted on their favorites. At any time users could change their votes, right up until voting was ended.

I hope this helps.

rgbman
October 7th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the example. Its a nice and clean system. It would be a great system to work off of for my problems.
We will see.