PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades from Photopost 4.86 and Avatars

markatfishbrain
September 28th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Hi there!
I have had photpost version 4.86 for a while now and it's been great! Not sure if I would see any real advantages from newer versions or what I might have to pay?
However, do newer versions enable the use of avatars? I see Viper Alley has them so how do I get them?
Cheers
Mark

Michael P
September 28th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Depending on your integration, avatars are supported in some of our forum integrations. There are many advantages to going with 5.2, include many new features, additional security and performance improvements. It's worth the $35, really.

markatfishbrain
September 30th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Michael P, not quite sure what you mean sorry. Does this mean I can incorporate avatars in my forum or not? Also, am I eligible for any free upgrades as I am still in my first year of Photopost?

Michael P
September 30th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Yes, you get a year's worth of upgrades when you purchase the product (additional years are a nominal fee).

I don't know what forum you are running, so I can't tell you if that forum is supported at the signature/avatar level. If you are running .threads like I am on ViperAlley, then yes.

markatfishbrain
October 4th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Hi Michael
this is my forum
http://www.fishbrain.biz/photos/index.php
How do I enable the avatars if indeed I can?
Cheers
Mark

Michael P
October 4th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Avatars are not part of the internal PhotoPost system; we use avatars inherited from some forums (like threads or vBulletin).

boatdesign
October 4th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Depending on your integration, avatars are supported in some of our forum integrations. There are many advantages to going with 5.2, include many new features, additional security and performance improvements. It's worth the $35, really.
From my order:
Renew Members Area Access memberarea 1 39.00

Did I miss a sale :D

Michael P
October 4th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Well, we did have a sale for $15 just recently that you should have gotten an email on (if your email is up to date). And you are right, it is $39, my mistake.