PDA

View Full Version : Sub Section Question

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 08:06 AM
Is it possible to have the following??

Members Galleries (main heading)
- Link to members pics (Ie like a foum) <-- click and new page opens.

New page lists all the members names, click on a members name and you go into there area.... RIGHT I dont want any pics to be posted in this main area only in both there subforums.

Soooo
- Members Name <--- no posting
-- Folder (album 1) <--- can post
-- Folder (album 2) <--- can post

I dont want then to allow or not allow people... IE I want control over them not being able to post in the main folder only in the other folders... I also want everyone to have the same folders??

Sorry if this is confussing... hope someone knows what i mean??

BASICALLY I have a paid usergroup and when someone pays money to the site they are moved into this usergroup... when they are moved into this usergroup I want the above to just be created for them... so all they have to do is upload the photos to the album that they want under their username.

Is the above possible??

Cheers
Darren

Michael P
September 21st, 2005, 08:33 AM
We don't have an "auto create" feature for personal albums, basically a user controls which albums they have through their Album Admin interface; you can make it so people cannot upload photos to the default Members Gallery using permissions so that it forces them to pick an actual album or category.

The Members Gallery area automatically lists all users who have images, so that is already provided. Adding specific albums when a user is "promoted" would be something that you would have to add since while you control permissions based on usergroups and can add/remove permissions, there is no allowance for the auto creation of albums during the process.

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 08:38 AM
We don't have an "auto create" feature for personal albums, basically a user controls which albums they have through their Album Admin interface; you can make it so people cannot upload photos to the default Members Gallery using permissions so that it forces them to pick an actual album or category.

The Members Gallery area automatically lists all users who have images, so that is already provided. Adding specific albums when a user is "promoted" would be something that you would have to add since while you control permissions based on usergroups and can add/remove permissions, there is no allowance for the auto creation of albums during the process.

Yeah thats what I want.. I want them to have to have them in albums and NOT in the main directory of a user. Is that just a setting (permission) you can set easily from in the admin panel for photopost??

So for instance.. Registered users cant upload they wont see an upload button, however paid members can upload so they do see the button.
- I set it so they can only upload into there own folder (ie there own name), they upload photos, they folder (username) gets created, they create album, the choose there album and put photos in there and job done??

Thanks for the reply
Daz

Michael P
September 21st, 2005, 10:39 AM
It's just setting the usergroup permissions in the category page - for Members Gallery you upcheck "upload" permissions to all usergroups. And, correct, if you can't upload, you won't see the option to upload.

COrrect - the only thing it doesn't do is auto create albums of specific names for each user - the user gets to create and manage their own albums.

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 12:59 PM
It's just setting the usergroup permissions in the category page - for Members Gallery you upcheck "upload" permissions to all usergroups. And, correct, if you can't upload, you won't see the option to upload.

COrrect - the only thing it doesn't do is auto create albums of specific names for each user - the user gets to create and manage their own albums.

Thanks for the reply and the info...
- I think I am going to have another play with the admin demo and see what i come up with.

Cheers
Daz