PDA

View Full Version : Moving of Photos from Fotki

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 08:05 AM
I have lots of photos stored in a fotki account
- www.fotki.com <--- main site
- www.fotki.com/ccuk <--- my photo's

I was wondering is there a way of getting all these in the gallery (ftp?) or would I have to manually create catergorys etc.. and upload them one by one etc..??

Basically if i pull all the folders off the fotki ftp and place them on the photopost ftp will they just show?? If not then if I create the albums manually can then just drag the images over will that work??

You answer would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Darren

Michael P
September 21st, 2005, 08:11 AM
Ah, a Carl Greatrix fan - I've had him do a half dozen custom jobs for me.

We don't have an auto import for something like this - you would have to create your albums/categories and then for each section ftp them to the PhotoPost uploads directory and process them into PhotoPost (it's pretty easy to do, but the prrocess does not automatically create categories for you; they have to already have been created).

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 08:40 AM
Ah, a Carl Greatrix fan - I've had him do a half dozen custom jobs for me.

We don't have an auto import for something like this - you would have to create your albums/categories and then for each section ftp them to the PhotoPost uploads directory and process them into PhotoPost (it's pretty easy to do, but the prrocess does not automatically create categories for you; they have to already have been created).

Yeah love fotki... however feel its time to give the site its own complete photo gallery.
- Custom job?? mmmm and would that be possible for my site??

Yeah that sounds fine... long as i know I can FTP them all and dont have to upload via web browser thats good. Just going to take a long time i guess!

Cheers
Darren

Michael P
September 21st, 2005, 10:25 AM
Custom work is handled by omegatron and you'd have to get in touch with him about any quotes - this is handled outside our normal support.