PDA

View Full Version : Mailing List?

donnacha
September 18th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Hi,
I originally sent this question to the contact address on your ReviewPost pages, reviewpost.com@donnacha.com, but received a bounce: "no mailbox here by that name".

My question:

I'm aware that you run price promotions from time to time but am too busy to spend all my time hanging out on the forums.

Do you have a mailing list that announces special offers? If so, please stick me onto it. I am interested in all your products.

Michael P
September 18th, 2005, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure where that email address came from - it doesn't look like one of ours.

We don't have a mailing list except for customers; we have just lowered the prices on all our products and as such I am not sure when the next "special" would be.

donnacha
September 18th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I'm not sure where that email address came from - it doesn't look like one of ours.

Hmm, I have to admit that I'm alarmed by that - remember, I'm a prospective customer and your company's grasp of detail is an important consideration.

Go to the main ReviewPost page (http://www.reviewpost.com/) and, right there on the main navigation menu stretching across the top of the page, the first option is "Contact Us". That is actually an email link to... contact@reviewpost.com, a non-existent address. I wonder how many customer contacts that has cost you.

We don't have a mailing list except for customers; we have just lowered the prices on all our products and as such I am not sure when the next "special" would be.

I did notice the crossed out prices but, to be honest, your current prices are pretty much in line with the rest of the market. Sure, your scripts may be better, I don't know, at the moment I'm just researching the options, but, at this stage, even with the recent reductions, price is not one of your strong-points.

A mailing list for prospective customers would be a good move because, well, it's receptive people giving you permission to make a sales pitch to them.

I'm surprised that more script producers don't run more specials, especially when the extra money you bring in is pure profit. For instance, I would imagine that a lot of PhotoPost buyers could quite easily, at the point when they have already got their credit card in their hand, be persuaded to buy Classifieds and ReviewPost. From what I've seen, the vast majority of people seem to buy PhotoPost on it's own. In those cases, some sort of "Buy PhotoPost and Classifieds, get ReviewPost for free" offer would get you an extra $99 from each of those individual purchasers, even if they don't have immediate plans for the additional licenses.

Another good one would be "Buy all 3, get free BFO for all 3". Again, you've generated lots of extra customers and more sales per customer, what have you lost?

Just a suggestion :)

Michael P
September 18th, 2005, 02:57 PM
As for the email address, I was going off your post which says:

to the contact address on your ReviewPost pages, reviewpost.com@donnacha.com, but received a bounce

I will check into the contact@ address, though.

As for pricing, I think when you consider the features and integrations our products are well priced within our marketspace.

donnacha
September 18th, 2005, 03:06 PM
As for the email address, I was going off your post

Sorry Michael, pasted the wrong email address into my original post, should have previewed it before posting.

As for pricing, I think when you consider the features and integrations our products are well priced within our marketspace.

I'm sure your products are worth every penny, how else could you have such an enthusiastic users. My main argument is that some well-crafted offers would bring in a lot of money that you wouldn't otherwise get. Of course, this is your territory, you know your market better than I ever could. I'm just going on my reaction, as a customer, to your pricing structure.

Michael P
September 18th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Although its not clearly indicated, when you purchase PhotoPost and then add aditional products into your shopping cart, you do get a discount on the additional purchases.

I agree that package pricing would be an attractive offer and we should look at how we indicate this on our order pages.

donnacha
September 18th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Although its not clearly indicated, when you purchase PhotoPost and then add aditional products into your shopping cart, you do get a discount on the additional purchases.

Interesting, I wonder if not giving people forewarning of this creates more or less sales? I mean, the unexpected offer of a discount might trigger impulse purchases.

Then again, thinking about how I tend to talk myself into purchases, knowing in advance that a discount applies to multiple purchases would probably cause me to think more deeply about the advantages of the other products, perk my interest ahead of initiating the purchase.

Awareness of a discount might also cause someone who is leaning toward a cheaper competing script to reconsider PhotoPost twinned with another of your scripts.

Are you allowed to say here what the discounts are?

I agree that package pricing would be an attractive offer and we should look at how we indicate this on our order pages.

I await future developments with bated breath :D

Chuck S
September 19th, 2005, 06:21 AM
I believe right now you can buy all 3 products and save $30.00 which is essentially $10.00 off a license

donnacha
September 19th, 2005, 08:40 AM
I believe right now you can buy all 3 products and save $30.00 which is essentially $10.00 off a license

Thanks Omegatron.

Right, so, $249 for all 3. Not bad but not quite enough, I think, to swing an extra sale from someone who hadn't particularly been thinking about buying all 3.

A clever bundle works because opting for it is a complete no-brainer.

Michael P
September 19th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I don't think anyone disagress with you, its just that neither of us controls the pricing of the products. But we have passed along your comments.

donnacha
September 19th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Thanks Michael, I appreciate you passing on my feedback.