PDA

View Full Version : ReviewPost Trial

dunhillblue
August 29th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Hi All,

I have been looking at ReviewPost and it looks like a great product, I am wondering if it is possible to get a trial license?

Having installed, setup and tried various products, I know that its one thing to see a demo and another actually getting it to work the way you want.

I have a unique idea and would need to be able to see that it can be simply customized, before I buy it. So I need to try before I buy.

Also a couple of questions, is it simple to chance the heading "Products" to something else? As I will have reviews just on the one topic.

Is it possible to remove the price column as my reviews don't have a cost.

Is it possible to make the URL of a Category/Subcategory/Reviews more search engine friendly.

In the reviews is it possible to add specific fields for the review for example, Condition, color , etc.

One last question, how easy is it to include advertisement, adding advertisement banners in the reviews and categories.

In summary, it looks like a brilliant product, but I really need to have a play with it to ensure it does exactly what I want and that I can change it simply to suit.

Thank you.

Regards,

Michael P
August 29th, 2005, 07:42 AM
We do not offer a trail license as once you have the code, you have the product and there isn't anything we can do to ensure that you wouldn't continue to use it. We've tried encrypting the code, but the support for getting that code to run using the Zend encoder was significant.

All strings are contained in a language file which you can easily modify to change the wording.

Search Engine friendly URLs is an option that can be turned on with a switch.

Additional fields can be added for each category in the Admin section.

And, lastly, you can easily modify the templates to include ads - say in the header or footer templates. Most users include these on their sites.