PDA

View Full Version : Member Area - Easier to Manage Multiple Licenses

Steve_C
August 22nd, 2005, 12:28 PM
So, we have about 10 licenses and I have 10 different logins. Please make it more user friendly for those with multiple licenses. I'd like 1 Member Area Login Account with all my licenses along with expirations.

Steve_C
September 8th, 2005, 11:36 PM
No comments on this? Not even from the staff?

mjm
September 9th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Would be nice, but every other things I have multiple accounts for are like it is here ...

~ Mark

Steve_C
September 9th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Are you a vb owner? Their member are is as sweet as it can be... 1 login, multiple licenses, nicely organized with all the information you would need about your licesenses...

mjm
September 9th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Yeah, you're right about that.
I thought you meant ... to have everything combined into one Lic# / expiry date.

Michael P
September 9th, 2005, 09:48 AM
I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said 100 times; that while it's not ideal, it's the best solution we have at this time. We're always looking at ways to improve it, but there are factors outside our control which prevent us from being able to offer all licenses under one id.

rastacat
September 10th, 2005, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=Michael P] We're always looking at ways to improve it.....QUOTE]

Just a suggestion then from a guy with a dozen login accounts. Can you add a "logout" to the account/download page that clears the information so I don't have to either manually do it each time or close/re-open my browser just to move on to the next account?

Thanks for reading/considering.

Michael P
September 10th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Unfortunately, its a browser password and just like vBulletin, the only way to logout is to close the browser. There is simply no way to tell a browser to close a session that is authenticated (that I know of anyways).