PDA

View Full Version : Stand-Alone Photpost, ReviewPost & Classifieds

smartboyinuk
August 19th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Hi,

I have been interested in buying photopost & Reviewpost, but I cannot find a standalone demo of your products.

All the demos that I see on your website are either integrated with each other or integrated with vbulletin.

I would like to see a plain vanilla version of how photopost & reviewpost look like when I would install them.

Can I integrate the user signup, login system to existing pages of my website ?

Cheers

V

smartboyinuk
August 19th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Where can I view the Admin demo ? I last posted about this on 4th June!

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1102297&postcount=8

Chuck S
August 19th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Sorry only the developer can open this up and he has been extrememly busy with projects. After the release of 5.13 he has not had time to mock up the admin demo.

Standalone installations are linked here

http://www.photopost.com/action/index.php

smartboyinuk
August 19th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Thank you for your reply omegatron.

http://www.photopost.com/action/index.php <-- these are websites who have purchased and installed and modified to their taste. none of those website seems to have a "Plain Vanilla" version installation of photopost.

Does photopost not have a demo installation of their own gallery ?

4images has one here - http://demo.4homepages.de/?l=english

I want to see what I would be paying for!! Is that too much to ask ?

Chuck S
August 19th, 2005, 04:41 PM
well our demo is here

http://www.photopost.com/photopost but again our site is vbulletin so

I can show you what the simple default stylesheet looks like but there are 12 stylesheets included with the product. That is reviewpost but the stylesheet should give you a hint of the default

http://www.omegatron.net/rp/index.php

smartboyinuk
August 22nd, 2005, 06:12 PM
Thank you for your reply again omegatron, but I hate to say this: " http://www.photopost.com/photopost is not a default install of photopost. It is an integration of photopost with vbulletin." The header and footer are clearly vbulletin features. I am not sure what to make of it because I am not able to visualise where vbulletin ends and photopost begins.

And it is really sad that photopost cannot afford to have a simple install of their own software.

I am afraid that I can't really take the decision of spending $340(129+99+99 - photopost+reviewpost+brandingfree) without knowing what I am buying. I clearly do not want vbulletin and I cannot see any demo of your stand-alone software on your own website which is not customised.

Chuck S
August 22nd, 2005, 06:18 PM
In my post I gave you a stock link to a reviewpost installation. Photopost would look much the same

EDGEMAN
September 2nd, 2005, 05:36 PM
I know what you mean. I would love to have a program like the old photoPost GMS 2.0.2 version. Just straight forward photo gallery.
Like this one: http://www.seymourauctions.com/gallery/index.php

smartboyinuk
September 19th, 2005, 06:52 PM
In my post I gave you a stock link to a reviewpost installation. Photopost would look much the same

Hi Omegatron,

I do not want to buy reviewpost!

I want to buy photopost, but if I cannot see what I am buying, then how do I decide what I am paying for ?

Are you suggesting that I should gamble $99 or $199 to find out what a default photopost installation looks like ?

I still cannot understand why you guys do not have a DEMO installation of photopost. It does goes to say that you are not really serious about selling!!!

Michael P
September 19th, 2005, 09:24 PM
There are about 17 different integrations with the default PhotoPost - managing all 17 would be quite the project.

http://www.michaelpierce.com/gallery/index.php is a stock stand-alone, although I disabled registrations; everything else is stock.

If you tell me what you want to do, I can also give you access to other stock installations.

badmix
September 19th, 2005, 10:34 PM
how about stand alone demo of front and admin of ppclassifieds too. i agree, it's hard to justify buying without even seeing it first.

Michael P
September 19th, 2005, 11:11 PM
As Chuck pointed out, have you looked at our Sites In Action (http://www.photopost.com/action/index.php) section for customer examples of websites?

Our Admin Demos are temporarily offline, but should be back online shortly.

badmix
September 19th, 2005, 11:19 PM
the admin panel is what i'm wanting to see.

the zip code search would be very helpful with the project i'm working on, but once a user enters a zip code can they change it to another zip code? by clearing the cookie? or is it stored in their profile or somewhere?

why i want to see the admin (other than just seeing what it is before i buy it), is to see how the payment options can be configured. i need to be able to charge $x amount per year for unlimited ads. i don't think i need to limit ads by category, but if i do that could be done by user group. is time-based subscriptions possible? with paypal or other payment gateways?

is there an email notify of new ads matching user criteria that can be done by category/sub-category? could the admin notify of new posts option be customized?

please please please say yes! ;)

otherwise, is there anyone here that can do customizing?

Michael P
September 20th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Yes, you can check out the Zip Code feature on my site ViperAlley.Com (http://www.viperalley.com/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=2) website.

I should be able to have the Admin section back online in the next week; we recently upgraded all our products and the Admin demos take a little time to be implemented. To answer your questions:

. You set the cost of an ad per category - the same price applies to all usergroups. For any category you enter:

Base cost of ad:
Cost of highlighting an ad:
Cost of applying bold to an ad:
Cost of applying italics to an ad:

But you have the option of making each item (bold, italics) available to only specific usergroups.

You can limit ads by usergroup in the sense that some usergroups may not be allowed to post ads in some categories.

I'm not sure what you mean "time based subscriptions".

PayPal is the only supported gateway at this time.

You can subscribe to an ad to be notified when comments are posted, but there is not a mechanism for having notifications based on a user-selected criteria.

You can customize any part of the product - all the source and templates are included and not encrypted.

Omegatron (Chuck) does paid modifications for customers if you would like to get a quote on a job.

I hope I answered all your questions, I'll start working on the Admin Demos shortly.

badmix
September 20th, 2005, 11:07 AM
i saw the zip code feature on the viperalley site. last nite i cleared the zip code cookie that was set and was able to enter another zip. could this be stored in the user panel so they could change it without having to go find/delete the cookie?

what i mean by time-based subscription is i need to be able to charge $x-amount for unlimited ads for one year. i don't want to charge per ad, per highlighting, per bold, per italics. and i don't need to limit ads in any way for this project.

how many custom fields per category are there? if there's a limit, can more be set up in myphpadmin and added to the templates manually?

other miscellaneous questions -
is there a tell/refer-a-friend feature?

do ads automatically expire in 30-60 or whatever days? if yes, can they also be set to never expire? either when the ad is posted the user selects 'never expire' or it's set by the admin as the default and the admin has the option to enable/disable?

if ads expire or are deleted (i'm assuming users can delete their own ads - they can, right?), are the ad images automatically deleted? or at least can the user delete the images associated with the ad when they delete the ad? if it's not automatically done, can the admin run something that shows images in the system not associated with an ad to clear out the images?

i'll email omegatron and see what he says. any other users who might be able to help?

thanks!

Michael P
September 20th, 2005, 01:58 PM
We don't have a "change zip code" link, but we could add one in the next update (good suggestion).

We dont have a subscription program like that - the ads are a pay as you go format at this time; but we will be adding usergroup discounts for prices in a future update.

You can set up to 6 extra fields per category; adding more would require doing just what you outlined (and adding a little php code to insert the new fields).

There is not a "tell a friend", but we have slated for the next update a "send via email" so that ads can be sent to anyone via email.

Ads expire at the end of the term selected during placement of the ad - warnings are sent to the user offering to allow them to be extended if needed. There is no "no expire" option, but it could easily be added by changing the template.

Ads don't delete (unless explictly deleted) when expired, they go into an "inactive" state where users can still see them or renew them via their My Ads section. Images are removed when ads are deleted.

badmix
September 20th, 2005, 02:30 PM
cool on changing the zip code! didn't realize it would be something anyone else would use. can you give me a rough-estimate time frame for the next update?

discounted prices for user groups wouldn't do what i need. hopefully i'll get a positive answer from omegatron;)

if i end up buying ppclass, i'm not a php programmer so i may be back if they can't just be added manually in the code.

i don't want users sending non-members ads, so i think i can just set up a tell a friend script separately and put it in the site header.

no expire option for ads - again, if i can't figure it out, i may be back for help.

and expired ads going inactive until they're deleted (along with the associated images) is perfect. i was just making sure users wouldn't have to figure out what images to delete for which ad and then have to delete them one at a time or something.

thanks for the quick replies! i've already emailed omegatron, so i'll see what he says.

Michael P
September 20th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Sure! Most of the things you are talking about wouldn't require much work, I'm sure Chuck can help you out.

badmix
September 20th, 2005, 03:12 PM
i'm hoping you meant wouldn't. at least for now my fingers are crossed ;)

thanks again.

Michael P
September 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Right you are! ;)

badmix
September 22nd, 2005, 04:52 PM
is omegatron around? i've emailed and not heard anything. i'm refilling my patience jar as i write ;)

Michael P
September 22nd, 2005, 05:06 PM
We've been busy with some updates, I'm sure you are in his "queue". :)

Chuck S
September 22nd, 2005, 05:08 PM
Yes I got an email from you yesterday as Michael stated we have been preoccupied. I will respond once I catch a breath

badmix
September 22nd, 2005, 05:24 PM
great! thanks!