PDA

View Full Version : Unable downloading user pics

xfwayne
August 2nd, 2005, 11:33 AM
Is there any way to set certain galleries or photos so that others can't download them? I have some professional photographer friends who would like to keep their pictures but allow users to view them before purchasing or downloading. I couldn't find this information anywhere on your features page. If you do not, would you consider adding this feature in?

RMS-Chef
August 2nd, 2005, 05:34 PM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114055

PhotoPost Image Protection System (IPS). IPS gives a webmaster much more flexibility in controlling access to original images; images can be located outside the data directory structure for additional security. Image locations can be masked through the use of a redesigned watermark.php which adds security and can serve up images every from password protected directories (this ensures that only those people who you want to will have access). Additional features include: Admin section for IPS which groups options for protecting images into one area, allows for the directory for image storage to be changed (and moves files to new location), edit/creation of .htaccess files and configuration of the watermark.php script.

I cannot comment as to the effectiveness or usability as I have not needed to use any of the IPS features yet. But they have existed since v5.1!

Chuck S
August 2nd, 2005, 08:56 PM
yes you can block right click in the program and also using IPS move the pictures underneath the webroot making it impossible for users to access them directly

xfwayne
August 3rd, 2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks!