PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Image upload feature

Highride
July 30th, 2005, 01:28 PM
I am setting up a photogallery for a site which needs to offer multiple file uploads per box.. as in you can press browse and select 300 images and upload them all at the same time or something that makes it easier then clicking browse 300 times and clicking on each image. I am willing to pay for the feature. Feel free to msg me via aim/aol- highride7878 or email admin@directfan.com

If photopost will work for what I am doing please reply or contact me asap

Thanks
Adam

RMS-Chef
July 31st, 2005, 10:52 AM
There is an option to upload a single ZIP file with multiple images inside. Once the ZIP is uploaded, the server extracts the images then you proceed as usual. The only problem I see is your server's PHP file size limit which by default is usually 2MB so the ZIP would have to be limited to that.

A second option is FTP uploads. I have set this up for a few of my users. I set up an FTP account for them that allows them access to their folder ID in the uploads directory. They then upload all their images to their uploads directory via FTP then use the "process images in..." feature.

Chuck S
July 31st, 2005, 11:09 AM
Yes RMS has laid out how bulkuploads work. You can not upload multiple images into one image box.

Bulkuploads work as stated above either via a ZIP file into an image box or by using the bulkupload feature which requires you to upload the files to the server and process them which bypass's the upload entirely.

The Zip upload feature would require you to set your php max upload size and post max size settings to a number that would work for you as my default the max upload size is 2MB and the post max is 8MB

RMS-Chef
July 31st, 2005, 11:59 AM
Just an FYI, I had my server admin change the max upload in php.ini to 20MB and photopost handles the larger files just fine.