PDA

View Full Version : Photopost Classifieds

artsculture
July 11th, 2005, 10:15 PM
I'm a proud owner of Photopost Pro. After flirtations with other galleries, I can say it's eons ahead of the pack.

I'm toying with the idea of purchasing Photopost Classifieds, but I can't seem to find links to other examples besides the Vipers site. Its strange because even the "Sites in Action" link goes to ViperAlly.

Also, is it possible to integrate Ebay's Api with Photopost classifieds?

Thanks!

Michael P
July 12th, 2005, 07:45 AM
http://www.photopost.com/action/index.php

There are a few Classified listings in the Sites In Action area; did you try those?

artsculture
July 14th, 2005, 06:43 PM
There isn't much there. I wish I could see other examples. Any comments on integrating with eBay API?

Chuck S
July 14th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Yes examples are sites people submit themselves so maybe if you start a thread in general discussion asking for people to post there classifieds sites you can get an idea.

Our site should give you a general look and feel of all the features.

Can't comment on Ebay as thats really a propriatory service.

artsculture
July 15th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Hmmm...
I'm probably going to get it. About eBay... It's not really a problem as affiliates or developers are allowed to use their web services like Amazon.
http://developer.ebay.com/

I was thinking for example, that a photography category could have a link that says something like "Search for photography items on Ebay." I'm not a programmer, but I have a similar thing in my directory where each category goes to a related Amazon category. I guess my programming partner could do it.

artsculture
July 15th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Alrighty! Based on my experience with Photopost pro, I think I can't go wrong so..... here comes my order!

artsculture
July 15th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Ummm, I thought I could download from the members area, but there's no link there. Where can I download classifieds?

Michael P
July 15th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Like with PhotoPost, you'll get an email with a new members area login for download once the order is processed.