PDA

View Full Version : Can I do this?

digidivakathy
June 30th, 2005, 10:21 PM
I am developing a community where posting images will be a promotional tool. I only want to allow paid members to have images done with their work posted to a gallery or album, but I want all members to be able to post within those galleries or albums. However, I do want anyone posting images to be able to view all their images together. Can this be done?

Thanks,
Kathy

Michael P
July 1st, 2005, 08:42 AM
You can make it so only members of specific usergroups can post images; how those users get into the usergroups is up to you - if you integrate with vBulletin, then it can be done automatically using the Subscription option, if not then its a manual process.

We use the term gallery for public galleries anyone can post in and albums as a personal gallery that only the owner can post into.

Users can view all of their own images grouped together by going to their "Member Gallery" which is a psudo-gallery made up of all the users posts.

Based on what you are asking, I see no reason PhotoPost cannot accomplish what you want.

digidivakathy
July 1st, 2005, 08:46 AM
That's what I thought, Michael. So, I could give each paid designer a gallery that all members could post to. I'm planning to use phpBB for the forums...I've successfully set it up a couple of times and haven't found anything I need that it can't do. I still love the look of vBulletin, but since this is a start-up community, it's hard to justify the purchase at this point. I do see that you have integration with phpBB, so that's a great thing, too.

Thanks!
Kathy

Michael P
July 1st, 2005, 10:02 AM
Sure thing, and yes, you could give each designer their own gallery that anyone can upload to.