PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about "Mass edit" feature.

kolin
June 9th, 2005, 05:21 PM
I'm interested in buying Photopost for my gallery, but was wondering if there is a "Mass Edit" feature available. The last time I tried the admin demo, you could go in and click 'edit photo' on a specific photo, but there wasn't an option for something like pulling up a list of 30 photos at a time to edit, each with their own description/keyword field, making tagging images for searching a very time consuming task. Is something like this availble now in the program?

Michael P
June 13th, 2005, 08:27 AM
No, there is not a "Mass Edit" similiar to what you describe; generating the list of 30 images to edit in itself could be a cumbersome task since many galleries have hundreds or thousands of photos. I'm not sure how you would give the user the ability to select those 30 images to edit without generating massive pages to scroll through.

mlucek
June 14th, 2005, 12:30 PM
This is an often requested feature here .... a simple way for a user to select pages is to use a dropdown selection box enabling the user to select a range of photo's to edit.

e.g.:

Choose picture range:
1-20
21-40
41-60
. . .

or whatever increment you want.

Michael P
June 14th, 2005, 12:47 PM
I can't say I've seen this an as "often requested feature"; but what you describe would only allow you to select up to 20 images at a time (not the 30 or more described in the first post) - which is not much different from the Bulk Action menu we current provide.

It seems to be to make this effective there would need to some some other kind of interface for selecting photos.

mlucek
June 14th, 2005, 01:06 PM
but what you describe would only allow you to select up to 20 images at a time (not the 30 or more described in the first post)
Then you change the "20" to "30" or "40" or whatever increment you want:

Choose picture range:
1-30
31-60
61-90
etc.

which is not much different from the Bulk Action menu we current provide.

No, this is not the same - I know I've asked about a "Bulk Edit" feature before with no reply given. "Bulk Edit" meaning - presenting a page of say 30 (or 40 or 50 or 60....) pictures and being able to edit the picture name, description and other various fields for each picture, then saving all the changes at once, rather than having to page thru and edit the picture data 1-by-1.

This is EXTREMELY USEFUL - I tend to bulk upload pictures and there's no easy way to edit the picture data except 1-by-1 - ROYAL PITA !

Mike

organizedhome
June 26th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Yes--another former Coppermine user would like to join the group and ask for this function. Editing photos one by one is a royal pain. In Coppermine, you can edit an entire album's photos at once.

DefenceTalk.com
July 10th, 2005, 10:32 PM
I am looking for this feature as well but can't seem to find it. In bulk actions, I can only delete or leave the picture or move ONE PIC at a time. Seriously annoying.

mlucek
July 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM
I am looking for this feature as well but can't seem to find it.

It doesn't exist in PP :(

Coppermine's bulk edit feature is wonderful when needing to update lots of picture data.

I wish the folks here would add this sorely needed feature.

DefenceTalk.com
July 12th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Yup, we need this and bunch of other features that I posted in the suggestions forum.

wwwCLUBHEADcom
July 19th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Im looking to buy a Photo program for my website & if this feature were available it would make me lean towards buying photo post.