PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin Member Galleries Integration

new-guy
June 6th, 2005, 09:44 AM
I currently use vBulletin 3.07 on my site. I want to add photo gallery software for my members. I just want to verify that PhotoPost will satisfy my list of requirements.

1) All current vB members will be able to post photos when PhotoPost is added to vB.

2) Current vB members can add text descriptions to each photo in their own gallery.

3) As an admin I can limit the file size of each photo.

4) As an admin I can limit the total size of each gallery.

5) Each vB member that created a photo gallery would automatically get a link under their member-name on each vB forum post they make, or in their profile, that would bring you to their specific gallery. The link does not need to be static, I don't care if it has ? symbols in it, it just needs to be something that's associated with a vB forum member that users can click on to easily view a specific members galleries.

From what I have read in this forum, it looks like 1-4 is possible, but how about #5?

Chuck S
June 6th, 2005, 10:03 AM
1-4 is possible.

5 would require you to edit your vbulletin postbit template I beleive as we never modify anything vbulletin.

You would need to place a link where you want it to display in the postbit like so

http://www.domain.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=&bbuserinfo[userid]

new-guy
June 6th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I know you're not a vB employee, but could you point me to the file in vB that I would have to make this change? I don't know what a postbit template is.

I'm happy to pay for your software, I just need to make sure it can accomplish this one specific need (#5 above) before I purchase it. I don't normally hack code so any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael P
June 6th, 2005, 01:53 PM
There are two postbit templates - postbit and postbit_legacy; both are in the Edit Templates/PostBit Templates section. I don't know the exactly changes, but someone may have posted it over at http://www.photopostdev.com