PDA

View Full Version : Auto Collapse of large photos

dcpaq2
June 5th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Hi there,

I have noticed in Vbulletin 3.0.7 when you attach a large photo like 1600 x 1200 or larger to a post on their message board, and you click on the thumbnail, the photo will start downloading and take up the entire screen but once it is done downloading the photo will then collapse to a size of about 800 x 600.

What actually causes that? Is it something in Vbulletin or is it something to do with me using Windows XP or neither?

Also my main reason for asking this question about Vb is WHY does the photos in Photo Post NOT do this as well?

Thanks

Doug

b6gm6n
June 5th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Hi..

Actually this is an IE (internet explorer) feature, photopost can handle any size image, you can display smaller images which link to the original sized image if you wish and the new 'print view' feature is a simple click and the original is shown in a pop-up window ready for viewing/printing.

-T

dcpaq2
June 5th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Toney,

Thank you for that information. Ill have to check out the print view feature when I get the time.

Im just curious and wouldnt mind know just to know, but any idea how to disable that feature in windows xp?

Thanks

Doug

Michael P
June 6th, 2005, 07:36 AM
In IE Options there is an AutoResize checkbox you uncheck to get it to stop doing that. It might be in the Advanced Options.

I recommend FireFox, ;)