PDA

View Full Version : Conversion and Video Support Questions.

BlackxRam
May 22nd, 2005, 04:39 PM
I am currently looking into Photopost again, but am wondering about two things.

1) Does Photopost have a conversion script for 4IMAGES 1.7?

2) Does Photopost display Video in the browser or does it only give a link to the video? Things I dislike with some galleries is that Video is show as a link and not played nicely within the gallery. How much use does a admin have to change templates of these filetypes? Are there templates for WMV... AVI... or MPG files?

Im sure ill have more questions, but for now I need to hear it from an actual person before I get a surprise I wasn't expecting.

Chuck S
May 22nd, 2005, 06:18 PM
1. We are in the process of testing a 4images import utility you can email me if you want me to test it on your system.

2. Yes Video's playing within photopost is allowed. You can turn this on or off.

BlackxRam
May 22nd, 2005, 06:33 PM
Ok, another question I have is how flexible is the template system. I am going to be starting to offer a streaming media format that uses a java based playerless medium.

How well can I adapt photopost to display and utilize this? With 4images all i needed to do was specify the file extension and create a template that would display the java code.

Can I do this with Photopost?

Michael P
May 23rd, 2005, 07:43 AM
If you want to add a new template type for a file, you would create the tmpl file and place it in your templates directory; then you would need to add a couple lines of code to the showphoto.php file where the other conditionals are located for embedded filetypes. All you would do is copy one of the other sets and change it to your filetype and template filename.

BlackxRam
May 23rd, 2005, 12:51 PM
What kind of options does Photopost carry for Automatic Thumbnail Creation of any uploaded images? If I manually uploaded images via ftp to a folder is there a mass import function that is easy to use?

Can you explain and go a little indepth to how to upload a large ammount of images or video without having to waste time on slow http uploads?

Thanks. =)

P.s. I see that you mention ImageMagick... what about GD2? Imagemagick always created LARGE file sized thumbnails. Do you support GD2? ALso ImageMagick is rather server intesive.

Michael P
May 23rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
1) Yes, we have a mass import which auto creates thumbnails of all the images uploaded into PhotoPost. We support ImageMagick, GD1 and GD2.

To upload a large group of files (I've done 10,000+ at a time); you upload your files via FTP to your uploads directory. Then when you upload you have the option to select "upload all files in my uploads directory" and "bypass the approval process and upload all images". When you hit submit, the importing process begins and ends once all the images in the directory have been processed.

BlackxRam
May 23rd, 2005, 02:36 PM
ok, well.. ill give this a try.. i hope its worth it lol.

Where can I do a test of the importation of 4images? Because I currently used to use a integration of 4images and vb3, Will the integration automatically assume vbulletin user 1 is the admin of photopost? How will this work? I do plan on integrating with vbulletin. So i can setup permissions on photopost as well.

Chuck S
May 23rd, 2005, 02:53 PM
You would install a default Photopost install integrated with Vbulletin and then use the 4images importer to import 4images into photopost