PDA

View Full Version : Photopost classifieds pre sales

Tigurius
May 21st, 2005, 04:33 AM
Just a few questions:
Not sure as can't find too many resources on this. But is it possible to have collapsed subforums?

For example

Main Category
--Sub category
---Sub category 2
Main Category 2
--sub3
---sub3
And i can choose if i want either just the main categories to be shown

As well is it possible to have by default all classifieds come with 0 picture uploads. If a user wants to purchase for say $2 they can upload a picture of the item they are selling. (And if possible an extra $X ammount per picture they want to add)

Chuck S
May 22nd, 2005, 06:17 PM
Hello

Parent categories can collapse or expand there children categories

By default you can enable per category a price to pay to upload an ad or if no price is specified to post an ad to that category is free

Tigurius
May 22nd, 2005, 08:55 PM
so its pay by category? I can't have a special feature such as Pay per picture upload or pay for highlights/bold? i found another classified system 68classified.com it has some of the features i mention but photopost still seems to be the best of the two. Its just the features that is stopping me right now from getting either.

Michael P
May 23rd, 2005, 08:33 AM
We don't have a pay per picture, but we do have a pay for bold/italic/highlighted and those can be set on a per category basis.

Tigurius
May 23rd, 2005, 02:27 PM
hmmm, well then thats useful. Thanks
One more question now out of curiosity. Can you charge for picture uploads? So free for no picture or $1 and add as many pictures as you want?

Nurofreeze
May 25th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I just purchased the classifieds software and paying for additional pictures is a very important feature for me. I'm hoping that once I get my e-mail to gain access to the software and member forums I will be able to get someone to create a mod for me.

Tigurius
May 25th, 2005, 08:36 PM
nuro: let me know what happens with that.

Basil
May 27th, 2005, 09:35 PM
We don't have a pay per picture, but we do have a pay for bold/italic/highlighted and those can be set on a per category basis.

I am considering Photopost Classifieds for my British Car Forum, but still debating with myself. I will say that it looks like a pretty good solution. I would add that some method to have additional charges for pictures (maybe one picture included for the basic ad price and a surcharge for each additional picture) would be a great feature. B=0

Cheers,
Basil
http://www.Britishcarforum.com

Michael P
May 27th, 2005, 09:39 PM
For a car site, we've sold more than $1 million worth of Viper and accessories though our PhotoPost Classifieds. In fact, I wrote Classifieds just for ViperAlley and it became a product only after enough people noticed it and hounded me about releasing it.

:)

Tigurius
May 28th, 2005, 01:06 AM
o that was you you invented it? good job :) but imho to make it a stand alone product it would really need to have those added features. I mean its something that can make itself a top of the line product. Just those few simple features that it really really needs. Until then my next project is on hold until either this would be implemented, 3rd party hack for it comes out or I go with that other forum and hope they create the features they are missing that photopost has. If I could i'd do the mod my self but just no time to actualy create something like that on my own.

Basil
May 28th, 2005, 01:24 PM
For a car site, we've sold more than $1 million worth of Viper and accessories though our PhotoPost Classifieds. In fact, I wrote Classifieds just for ViperAlley and it became a product only after enough people noticed it and hounded me about releasing it.

:)

Ok, I bought PhotoPost Classifieds! (I'm the guy in Edgewood). I hope it doesn't take long to get the download instructions as I REALLy want to get it set up this weekend.

Basil (Cy)