PDA

View Full Version : Coppermine Importer

Chuck S
May 17th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Import Instructions for coppermine import. This importer was written for version 1.33 so if your importing you might need to upgrade your coppermine to the newest release before import.

1. Upload the two files to your photopost directory and CHMOD coppermine.cnf.php to 777

2. Run the importer through your web browser and fill in all required info and paths for both programs

3. The importer will cycle through in steps each process.

4. After Import cleanup work needed.

a. Under Scan Database recheck and build post number and check for children.

b. Make sure to set any usergroup and categories permissions you see fit.

c. Set your medium size threshold in Upload Options and under Scan Database rebuild your medium images.

imvitaliy
December 27th, 2007, 03:19 PM
My Member Photos category only contains 600 photos so there is something wrong with the import. I have reinstalled the latest version, made a clean install of photopost and ran the coppemine.php import script.
I was looking for the information that was printed on the screen when I was importing the last time. It said that it imported 26 users. But I have more then 600 users. Also it imported the correct number of comments. But when it was importing files it said that its "Importing 5162 files", but I have 19308 photos in my coppermine gallery.

Could you fix this for me? I have done this 3 times and tried changing the java thresholds but still the same problem.

I want to give you all the info that you need to import the cpg users to photopost for me because I can't do it. It's not working right.

Please PM me or email me at contact .at. y4j.org
Thanks a lot

imvitaliy
January 1st, 2008, 11:09 PM
I have not heard from anybody yet... Please help me with this

Chuck S
January 2nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
You are free to post a url here for us to see your coppermine site and then a url for photopost if you wish. You would need post the url here for us to look and respond and tell you what to do.

imvitaliy
January 3rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
My website is at: y4j.org
My photoPost is at y4j.org/photos/
My coppermine gallery is at: y4j.org/y4jers/pics/
My vbulletin is at: y4j.org/y4jers/forum/

My coppermine is integrated with vbulletin.

I re-installed the photoPost and ran the coppermine.php again today. I took notes on each step of the import process.

Imported:
Users 27
Usergroups 13
Categories 28
Albums 600
Photos 19309
Comments 7111
Files 10434

I don't know why there are 19309 photos on Coppemine and 19309 photos get imported to photopost but in the final step when it starts importing files it only says that it's importing 10434 files. Where do the ~9000 file get lost?

Please help me ASAP

Chuck S
January 3rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
I would suspect a java issue. You can email support@photopost dot com with the ftp information to your site.

tsakalos76
January 12th, 2008, 12:01 PM
i got errors importing from coppermine and i dont see any images or thums nor comments and cats + why did it imported users anyway is there a support ticket so u can see whats going on?

tsakalos76
January 12th, 2008, 12:39 PM
ok i managed to make the import i see the images but they arent placed into personal user albums

Chuck S
January 12th, 2008, 01:40 PM
what do you mean by this? An image is going to be placed into the category in coppermine that they uploaded it to. Meaning if a photo is in category 20 in coppermine it will be in cat 20 in photopost.

tsakalos76
January 12th, 2008, 01:47 PM
no images are imported but they are not in any category !! can u add me in msn so i can give u ftp details etc to look ? konstantin0s@hotmail.com

Chuck S
January 12th, 2008, 01:50 PM
You can email support@photopost.com with any urls logins etc.

Ivo2
May 9th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Hi Chuck
before I purchase a third license, I must know if the importer for coppermine 1.4.18 works. It's my granddaughters gallery and if it not worked, I think that I got troubles with my wife and my daughter :D
Thanks

Chuck S
May 9th, 2008, 10:26 AM
It should work that I know of no one has stated anything different.

Ivo2
May 9th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Ok,
I'm going to purchase. It would be standalone and are their styles somewhere for photopost?

Chuck S
May 9th, 2008, 10:59 AM
There are several styles included in Photopost downloaded code.

Ivo2
May 9th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks Chuck,
I hope for me, that everything goes well.

Chuck S
May 9th, 2008, 11:48 AM
enjoy and have a good weekend.

Ivo2
May 9th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Sorry,
I don't get any images. Categories not correct and troubles with codes
http://lara.sulic.at/pp
:(

Chuck S
May 9th, 2008, 12:58 PM
You must do the category work noted in the instructions above and if you get no images my suggestion is to make sure in the importer config you have set the proper server paths for both coppermine and photopost like so make sure to use your own paths

/var/www/html/coppermine/albums

/var/www/html/pp/data

Ivo2
May 9th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks,
my mistake was that the path to pp/data only make as /pp
But with the categories I come not clear.
In coppermine I have 2 categories ("Meine ersten Fotos" with 10 Albums and "Meine Videos" with 1 Album)
Should I create at first the 2 categories and albums in pp ?

Chuck S
May 9th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I would suggest you take a look at the existing categories. I am under the opinion the importer would clear all photopost categories.

Your category name may not have imported as I see main and a category still there. Rename cat 1 and cat 2 to your respective coppermine names. I see meine videos

Ivo2
May 9th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks Chuck,
I think that I tried tomorrow a new installation and new importing.

Chuck S
May 9th, 2008, 02:17 PM
ok let me know

Ivo2
May 10th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Without new Installation.
How the importer work's, I don't know.
Importer had created 1 main-cat = Meine Videos, but put the picture from an other album in it.
It would'nt delete any original-cat, album "Mein 1. Album" was put without a sub-cat in main-cat, other albums would go in sub-cat from A-cat and so on :D
But now it work's
Thanks
P.S.: Hope that my daughter would use it and not cippermine

Chuck S
May 10th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Yes you need to update the categories names of those two then and you should be fine.

I dont know why your original categories in photopost would not be deleted this is right in the importer

if ($action == "import_categories") {

if (phpversion() >= "4.1.0") {
$start = $_GET["start"];
}

mysql_select_db("$udb",$u3t);

mysql_query("DELETE FROM{$Globals['photopost']}categories WHERE id !='500'",$u3t);

mysql_select_db("$vdb",$vbc);

Ivo2
May 10th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks Chuck,
yes I see it, but how you have seen it yesterday they wouldn't be deleted.
However, after sleeping a night over that, today's everything allright.

Chuck S
May 10th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Not a problem you probally needed to turn off your category cache.

MissMint
August 28th, 2008, 05:53 AM
I know it's been a while since this importer was developed (v.1.33 is mentioned in the opening post). Is is possible the encryption for Coppermint passwords has changed since this was developed (I'm running coppermine 1.42 now)?

I ask because I did a test import (into a test photopost gallery) and was unable to login using the same password as the Coppermine Gallery (The username IS in the Photopost database now, and wasn't before, so it did import the username, but the password must be set incorrectly...

Do you have any suggestions as to why this might be, and how to resolve it?

Thanks

Chuck S
August 28th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Is it possible you did not do a clean import meaning your photopost already had data in it ;)

The import is designed for a clean import when photopost is totally empty

MissMint
August 28th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Nope, I did it to a new installation that I installed just to test this. Once I have perfected the import process, I will just either re-run it on the existing gallery, or simply transfer the appropriate database tables from this installation to my in-progress actual gallery.

However, looking closer at the coppermine.php code, I discovered the issue.

The line
$password = md5($line['user_password']);

Seeks to "encrypt" the User's password (as stored in coppermine - queried as $line['user_password']) as an md5 hash (which I assume is how Photopost confirms passwords).

However, the passwords in Coppermine's database (at least in the 1.42) is already in hash form, so the importer was taking a hash of the hash. This suggests to me that perhaps at some point in the past (when this importer was created), coppermine stored raw passwords (which would be pretty shoddy security, but I can't see a reason the importer would need to hash the password otherwise), but in any event, the md5 should be removed for the current versions of coppermine and photopost.

I removed the "md5" function from the coppermine.php importer and re-ran action=import_users, and it worked perfectly.

I'll post back if I find any other issues that can be improved for the lastest coppermine, but so far the other imports seem to have worked.

Chuck S
August 28th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Glad you got it working

auto_freak
October 19th, 2008, 08:24 PM
ok installed photopost and everything went well until I used the coppermine import script. i used it as recommended in the first post of this topic. I imported the photos, the comments, the users, the groups and the files. When importing the files, I get these errors:

Importing (24082008898.jpg)

Warning: copy(/hsphere/local/home/tauhid/wheelsbd.com/gallery/userpics/15058/24082008898.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/tauhid/wheelsbd.com/photopost/coppermine.php on line 772

The import comes out and says all files have been imported succesfully, but when I check the gallery, it doesnt come out.

My coppermine gallery: WheelsBD.com Gallery | Putting The Pedal To The Metal! - Home (http://www.wheelsbd.com/gallery)
My Forum: WheelsBD.com Forum | Putting The Pedal To The Metal! (http://www.wheelsbd.com/forum)
My Photopost gallery: My Photo Gallery - Main Index (http://www.wheelsbd.com/photopost)

I tried doing this twice, dumped the sql files beginning with pp_ suffix, and still the import fails.The imports take time and the statistics do say all photos are in the photopost gallery. I believe something is wrong with the coppermines chmod setting that I might need to update. I did all the recommended chmod settings for the photopost. I can see the comments, I can see what files have been imported, I just cant see the photos, guessing the files are not being imported. My installation goes fine without any errors, the forum integration gets done easily too. I believe only one of you from the support team can fix this, since I just cant get it done, please let me know whom to contact and pay to for the service. I need it working, so please help me, or if you think its a small problem, tell me what I can do.

Chuck S
October 20th, 2008, 08:15 AM
/hsphere/local/home/tauhid/wheelsbd.com/gallery/userpics/15058/24082008898.jpg

Look at your photos in coppermine you have not entered on the importer config the correct image path

http://wheelsbd.com/gallery/albums/userpics/15775/thumb_sfhnnfnsfn.jpg

Your coppermine data path should be this

/hsphere/local/home/tauhid/wheelsbd.com/gallery/albums

;)

auto_freak
October 20th, 2008, 11:47 AM
its working like a charm! gr8 photo script no doubt!

Chuck S
October 20th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Enjoy your evening glad to be of assistance.

RadioErewan
October 23rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
I am getting thousands of such errors when importing Comments: Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /pathtomyscript/coppermine.php on line 702
Importing (31)

After importing, no images are imported.

Have 13500 images and 102k comments in CPG.

Any help?

Regards

Chuck S
October 23rd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Your configuration settings either database or table prefixes are incorrect.

RadioErewan
October 24th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Will it work with vB version? We analyzed code and it tries to write wrong fields in wrong tables... Tables in both versions are different?

Chuck S
October 24th, 2008, 09:11 PM
The importer works for Coppermine to Photopost and the coppermine and photopost tables are valid.

The only way to get an error such as your getting is to have wrong configuration information.

auto_freak
October 24th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Will it work with vB version? We analyzed code and it tries to write wrong fields in wrong tables... Tables in both versions are different?

it does work like a charm :)

stephster17
November 15th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I have just followed all the steps above, and it seems that everything has tranferre ok, until I go in to view my gallery and there is no thumbnails and no images...everything is there except it has a box that says "no thumbnail available" and when you click to see the medium image there is just the red x. I have gone through the cleanup steps, and when I rebuild the medium images they get deleted...it says "cannot find abc.jpg" and drops it from the database. I am assuming what has happened is the image files have not transferred properly and are not saved in my PhotoPost directory...is there a way to manually move them over from Coppermine to PhotoPost in an ftp program?? Or is there some other solution to this problem?

Here is the link to my PhotoPost gallery: My Photo Gallery - Main Index (http://thesassyscrappers.net/PhotoPost/)

The categories/albums didn't transfer quite right either, but I can fix that easily enough once I have images!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Chuck S
November 15th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I would suggest you recheck the config on the importer and see that you have your coppermine and photopost data directories correctly input there.

Chuck S
November 15th, 2008, 10:36 PM
As far as categories turn off your category cache and do the clean up work described in the instructions you will be fine.

stephster17
November 15th, 2008, 11:45 PM
If my paths are not right I don't have a clue how to get the right ones, but it seems right to me, all the other information transfers over, just not the actual image files. It says they are there, on the main page it says how many photos there are and how much space is being used, so I am totally confused.

How do I turn off the category cache? The first cleanup step goes fine, it is when I rebuild the medium images, it gets rid of all the photos...although I guess they weren't actually there to begin with anyways!

I'm getting a headache :confused:

Chuck S
November 16th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Your paths can not be correct.

Your PhotoPost path to data directory is in your global options.

EXAMPLE

/var/www/html/PhotoPost/data

so coppermine might look something like this

/var/www/html/coppermine/albums

stephster17
November 16th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Thank you so much for your help!! I got it now!! Now I just need to fix up the categories!

Chuck S
November 16th, 2008, 05:04 PM
My Photo Gallery - Main Index (http://thesassyscrappers.net/PhotoPost/)

Yep if everything is correct you should not have any issues.

stephster17
November 17th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Thanks for your help Chuck! I'm sorry if I am not posting this in the right area, but I am still having a couple of problems. First, there are no user profiles. I've gone in and filled in all the profile info on my own profile, and when I try to view it, it just takes me to a blank page. My other problem is that the comments all transferred over fine, but it is showing 0 posts for all users in the admin area. And Top Posters on main page is showing photo counts not comment counts.

*Edited to add:

I setup a test account
username: test
pass: testing

I added profile information in and there is nothing showing. There is no links to statistics, etc. at the left either, absolutely a blank page except for links at top.

And new comments made are added to the users posts (shows in user info under avatar when they post, as well as in admin) but it is the old comments that were transferred from the Coppermine gallery that are not showing. Example one user had posted over 200 comments in Coppermine gallery, posted 2 comments tonight and is showing only 2 comments, rather than adding those 2 comments to previous ones.

Chuck S
November 17th, 2008, 08:33 AM
My Photo Gallery - Member Profile (http://thesassyscrappers.net/PhotoPost/member.php?uid=42)

I would reupload all photopost files except the config files install or upgrade files. Either your member.php file or one of the templates is corrupt.

Chuck S
November 17th, 2008, 08:35 AM
There is no function in the standalone to rebuild a post count for users. You can do a rebuild for counts for the system not users.

Now looking at the coppermine importer it was not written to import any user post field.

stephster17
November 17th, 2008, 03:04 PM
oh thank you Chuck!!! We have profiles now!!!

And thanks for the info on the post counts, I can stop driving myself crazy now at least! LOL! Thanks so much for all your help, I think we're good to go now! :)

Chuck S
November 17th, 2008, 04:03 PM
have a good evening glad to help out.

Gorgias
January 5th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Hello!

I'm going to migrate from SMF + Coppermine to vBulletin + PhotoPost 6.2. I did several tests and the importer works correctly ;)

But I have two problems. One of them is because the system to undo the watermark image in Coppermine don't works. But I have the originals images, so I would like import from Coppermine to PhotoPost the original images, that have the "orig_" prefix. I tried, but I can't. So my first question is: how can I change the import script to add the prefix so the script import the images without the watermark?

My second question. After my tests, I have a forum with vB (all correct: users, PM, posts, threads, etc...), and a gallery with PhotoPost (all images). But, the images in the gallery are changed. I'll try to explain with an example: user with id 89 have several images in the original system, but in the new system, these images are associated with other user. And the user with id 89, haven't images. This situation is present with a lot users and images. I tried several times to solve it, but it was impossible. I used userfix.php, but it doesn't works.

Maybe I did the steps incorrectly:
- I have SMF + Coppermine
- I install vB and PhotoPost, and I join together.
- I import from SMF to vB.
- I import from Coppermine to PhotoPost.

And I have the problems. I tried others combinations, and I have read a lot in the forum, but the result was the same always. Now, I haven't the test forum, but if you need it, I'll install them and give you an admin account.

I hope you can help me ;)

Thanks in advanced.

Chuck S
January 5th, 2009, 07:59 PM
1. You can try altering the coppermine importer this line

$inpath = "{$Globals['coppath']}/$filepath";
$filein = $inpath."$image";

change to this

$filein = $inpath."orig_$image";

2. if you importered smf to vb it changes userid's so you need to possibly run this on the gallery after you finish the coppermine import

http://www.photopost.com/forum/1107165-post1.html

Gorgias
January 13th, 2009, 03:51 AM
1. You can try altering the coppermine importer this line

$filein = $inpath."$image";

change to this

$filein = $inpath."orig_$image";

It works perfectly. Thank you ;)

2. if you importered smf to vb it changes userid's so you need to possibly run this on the gallery after you finish the coppermine import

http://www.photopost.com/forum/1107165-post1.html

I used userfix.php in my previous tests, but I always have the same problem. The steps which I did are these:

- I have SMF + Coppermine
- I install vB and PhotoPost, and I join together.
- I import from SMF to vB.
- I import from Coppermine to PhotoPost.
- I run userfix.php

But several users exchange their id. I had run userfix.php before to scan the PhotoPost database, but it isn't solved.

The importer problem is solved, so I think I must to write in the thread Reassign userid's when switching integrations to VBulletin ("http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-import-scripts/115240-reassign-userids-when-switching-integrations-vbulletin.html#post1107165).

Thanks in advanced.

Chuck S
January 13th, 2009, 10:07 AM
The script you meantion grabs a users userid from vbulletin based on their username so the userfix script is indeed working correctly. It has to if you have correctly imported your smf users into vb. Now of course this also depends on your coppermine being correctly installed with smf because for the userfix script to grab a users userid to update your photos comments based on their username that actual username needs to exist in your vbulletin from the smf imported usernames.

NewLeaX
January 27th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Hello

I'm going to migrate from Coppermine to Photopost and I'm not native English speaker. I'm Russian.
So I have a lot of questions.

1. First of all, I've seen that your script has Russian language file. Is it utf-8 code or cp1251? What Russian code it is written in, because... you know, they're different.

2. Then... I have a very large gallery on Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.12 (stable) version. Is this ok for this version of Coppermine Importer? Will it be ok to covert 10700 files?

3. I have not clearly understand the instruction how to do the migration.
Well, first of all... my present gallery is now at the same directory where I'm going to have it on photopost script.

So do I need clear the directory first? And then put their bold Photopost script? And then... where should be my coppermine gallery? On my computer? On some other ftp directory?

I mean... I see that you suggest to write 2 paths - one to photopost and another to coppermine to connect them, but I can't get what would be better in such situation.

4. So... the second point:
"Run the importer through your web browser and fill in all required info and paths for both programs"
Does it mean that I nead to open this file like this if I'd have my gallery in subdomain?

_http://www.gallery.myphotopost.com/coppermine.cnf.php

Chuck S
January 27th, 2009, 10:03 AM
1. It is russian win 1251 it looks to like

2. you should be able to import fine

3. You need to have coppermine installed. You need to have Photopost installed. So the same directory is not going to work. You then run the importer and fill in the required information and it should work fine. The paths needed are to the coppermine albums directory and photopost data directory and are server paths that is needed to grab the files and copy them to photopost.

4. my photo post photopost share at myphotopost.com (http://www.gallery.myphotopost.com/coppermine.php)

NewLeaX
January 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Oh thank you Chuck S for a quick answer))
Now I am quite sure that I should try to make this because everything seems clear enough.

Chuck S
January 27th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Yes pretty straight forward in what the importer asks for database info and a server path to grab files thats it.

NewLeaX
January 27th, 2009, 01:52 PM
And... is it ok if I have a lot of categories/subcategories/sub-subcatergories?
Hmmm will it convert as it is?

Chuck S
January 27th, 2009, 04:38 PM
It should import all the categories.

NewLeaX
February 15th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I installed the photopost script, then used this convector and it shows me that everything is correct.

Yeah but... look, what's wrong with the categories and pictures on the main page?
My Photo Gallery - Ãëàâíàÿ (http://www.gallery.lostjate.ru/)
though inside everything seems correct... for the first look

Oh, it seems like it put all the photos in ONE category called A category(( but why?

What should I do now?

NewLeaX
February 15th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Well... I believe I missed some step while set up of photopost.

After I set it up and opened admin panel, what I had to do?
I think there should be done something that... how I can change it?

Should I clear away the gallery and the script? Or may be only some folders?

Hmm I closed the gallery so here are some screens
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6923/68210670el9.th.png (http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=68210670el9.png)

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/664/14031003yf2.th.png (http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14031003yf2.png)

skidpics
February 15th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Ivo, I will just remind you the styles for PP are nothing compared to Coppermine - it isn't based on the same theming structure. just be prepared.. LOL

skidpics
February 15th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I installed the photopost script, then used this convector and it shows me that everything is correct.

Yeah but... look, what's wrong with the categories and pictures on the main page?
My Photo Gallery - Главная (http://www.gallery.lostjate.ru/)
though inside everything seems correct... for the first look

Oh, it seems like it put all the photos in ONE category called A category(( but why?

What should I do now?

You can create additional categories via Admin, and use bulk action or bulk move to move the images into the correct categories.

NewLeaX
February 15th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Hmmm... and what is "bulk action"?

I mean there is over 10 hundred photos in my gallery... and if you mean that I could do this by hand... hmm

10803 files в 364 albums и 62 categories (including subcategories and sub-subcategories)

And also... as I see now not all of them moved to a new place.
Just 10,466

Chuck S
February 15th, 2009, 10:45 AM
You did not do the cleanup work after your import it looks like but since I cant view your gallery I cant comment fully

I would suspect you want to do the cleanup work noted in the initial post on this thread. You also want to turn off the category cache to load all the new data. Open your gallery so we can comment further.

NewLeaX
February 15th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I've already opened it

You did not do the cleanup work after your import it looks like
Honestly I can't understand what does it mean.
What kind of clean up?

I read the first post, but still can't understand what exactly should I do

check children

Who's children?))) I'm kidding but still it's sound strange for me.

NewLeaX
February 15th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Wow! I found those "children" in Scan Database and clicked on them. But nothing happend.

And also I put "no" in "Use category cache?"

And now I can clearly see that all the photos are in wrong caterogies.
They all are in member's!

Chuck S
February 15th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I would suspect your trying to compare categories with personal albums. They are two separate things our personal albums show here.

Lost ôîòî è ôàíàðò. Ãàëåðåÿ Äæåéò ñàéòà - Âñå àëüáîìû (http://www.gallery.lostjate.ru/misc.php?action=showalbums)

Photos are all shown in the numeric id they where in in coppermine.

what is coppermine url?

NewLeaX
February 15th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Lost. Äæåê è Êåéò. Ãàëåðåÿ - Âûêëþ (http://www.oldgallery.lostjate.ru)

I moved it here. Now opened

NewLeaX
February 15th, 2009, 12:15 PM
It's a bit strange now... because now if I click on category UNDER the photo, everything is correct (the path is correct)

But the main page menu is absolutely wrong((

Chuck S
February 15th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Our main page does not display like coppermine. They are completely different programs so its all getting use to it

You can email us through the contact link an admin login

Chuck S
February 15th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Lost. Джек и Кейт. Галерея - Джейт/Мэви (http://www.oldgallery.lostjate.ru/thumbnails.php?album=434)

Lost фото и фанарт. Галерея Джейт сайта - Джейт/Мэви (http://www.gallery.lostjate.ru/showgallery.php/cat/434)

Lost. Джек и Кейт. Галерея - Сойер/Скейт (http://www.oldgallery.lostjate.ru/thumbnails.php?album=450)

Lost фото и фанарт. Галерея Джейт сайта - Сойер/Скейт (http://www.gallery.lostjate.ru/showgallery.php/cat/450)

NewLeaX
February 15th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Ok. Already done.

Chuck S yes I've seen this, but why I can't see the category in the gallery?

And also what's wrong with subcategories?
I mean if I have Main > Animation/Анимашки > Сойер/Скейт
I can open the last directory, but not the previous on
No "Animation/Анимашки"((

Chuck S
February 15th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I did the clean up work described in the initial thread of this import post where you downloaded the importer and your site views alot differently now ;)

Lost фото и фанарт. Галерея Джейт сайта - Главная (http://www.gallery.lostjate.ru/index.php)

You needed to resave your category display to get the children to display etc. You needed to scan database and update photo comment counts etc all to load the proper information in the tables.

NewLeaX
February 15th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Well, thanks now the categories are not empty.

But what's up with users' galleries?
There are Member Galleries and User's/Авторские галереи categories and both don't work correct :(

And the number of photos in some categories is not the same as in old gallery.
for example

Avatars: oldgallery 2168, new - 2120
Banners: oldgallery 759, new - 744

Chuck S
February 15th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Well how many files could your import not find?

10803 old gallery

10466 in new one

Thats your difference there are files that are corrupt not found.

NewLeaX
February 16th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Ok let it be that number of photos, though I can't understand why some of photos didn't move to a new place. I checked and... some of them had names in Russian but some were in English so what's the problem with them I really don't know.

What I am mostly interested now is what I should do with 2 Member's places?

Chuck S
February 16th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Lost фото и фанарт. Галерея Джейт сайта - User's/Галереи пользователей(стар) (http://www.gallery.lostjate.ru/showgallery.php/cat/1)

Move those photos in that category to our members gallery and call it a day ;) You can then delete that old category 1

NewLeaX
February 16th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Chuck S no... something goes wrong anyway.
For instance, nobody can enter my gallery except me, the admin name that I choose when set up the gallery.

But look...
http://i070.radikal.ru/0902/14/c9998223a40ct.jpg (http://radikal.ru/F/i070.radikal.ru/0902/14/c9998223a40c.png.html)
And nobody can enter. They have this error: This user does not have a profile.

NewLeaX
February 16th, 2009, 02:31 PM
And minimum 2 categories didn't move at all
Here 4 season/4 сезон
Lost. Джек и Кейт. Галерея - Главная > Lost: съемки, карты, загадки > Съемки (http://www.oldgallery.lostjate.ru/index.php?cat=110)
Lost фото и фанарт. Галерея Джейт сайта - Съемки (http://www.gallery.lostjate.ru/showgallery.php/cat/110)

Here
All are empty
Lost фото и фанарт. Галерея Джейт сайта - "Другие" (http://www.gallery.lostjate.ru/showgallery.php/cat/166)
Lost. Джек и Кейт. Галерея - Главная > The actors/Актеры+персонажи > "Другие" (http://www.oldgallery.lostjate.ru/index.php?cat=166)

Can I do the changes by hand?

Chuck S
February 16th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Your showing me two separate programs and categories above. I dont think you meant to do that but this below.

Lost фото и фанарт. Галерея Джейт сайта - "Другие" (http://www.gallery.lostjate.ru/showgallery.php/cat/166)

Lost. Джек и Кейт. Галерея - Главная > The actors/Актеры+персонажи > "Другие" (http://www.oldgallery.lostjate.ru/index.php?cat=166)

The categories where moved thats where you had some trouble moving photos the cats are there but no photos.

where do they get the user does not have a profile?

Chuck S
February 16th, 2009, 04:34 PM
In member.php try removing this

if ( $uid == 0 && empty($User['userid']) )
{
diewell( $Globals['pp_lang']['noprofile'] );
}

NewLeaX
February 17th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Chuck S I can't see this... unfortunately I can't change my e-mail here as auto e-mails don't come to my e-mail. I still have not fix the e-mail problem, sorry. Still can't understand what's wrong there((
Could you please write this somewhere else, where I can see this?

Chuck S
February 17th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Please set your forum email to match your license email as out support announcement states I can go in and verify you.

Chuck S
February 17th, 2009, 11:04 AM
You should be able to see what I posted.

NewLeaX
February 17th, 2009, 11:29 AM
You should be able to see what I posted.
Yes, thank you :)

But the problem is still here... I cut off that line above but nothing has changed

Chuck S
February 17th, 2009, 12:07 PM
That should make sure someone does not see no profile thing

Other than that you really need to explain what you mean as I am just guessing based on the posting you did since there was no further explanation.

NewLeaX
February 17th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I mean that in my old gallery I had 12 users.
And now in this new I have 18!
Something goes wrong while convecting((

Here you can see how they doubled
http://s44.radikal.ru/i105/0902/71/081884a0bfdat.jpg (http://radikal.ru/F/s44.radikal.ru/i105/0902/71/081884a0bfda.jpg.html)

I could delete those who are without e-mail
But
Look here
Both users copies have pictures!
For example, aliaskate - this is the one user and she uploaded all pictures that now belong to both her profiles.
But how I can make 1 user from 2? Without deleting pictures of course...
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/262/15477542mo6.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=15477542mo6.png)

Chuck S
February 17th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Our import script is simply going to import the users from coppermine that means every line.

Those are accounts from coppermine or you setup photopost and allowed users to register before you did the import ;)

Which one did you do?

I looked at your admin panel and see example aliaskate user she is userid 8 and userid 561

which is correct? which is the one who all photos belong to?

Looks to me like you allowed these same users to register on photopost before you did the import unless of course your users are entered twice in coppermine in which case that would get imported over.

NewLeaX
February 17th, 2009, 02:32 PM
No, no... some of them didn't even know about moving to another gallery.
These people not just users, they're my team, so they always listen to me.

aliaskate user she is userid 8 and userid 561
That's it! The both profiles are correct. She uploaded all these files that now belong to different users.

And for instanse NewLeaX this is my own and first nick, and I entered this gallery only under login Lea. I never registered again but it doubled too.

And this is the old users profile
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2629/78393515zx2.th.png (http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=78393515zx2.png)

Besides I believe you understand that this is impossible to register again upload files in new gallery under VERY old date long before I bought photopost script.

Chuck S
February 17th, 2009, 03:09 PM
what I am saying is very simple these users would have had to come from the coopermine database that was transferred over if you did not allow registrations. Now you should have two users since you created one of userid 1 when you installed Photopost.

User accounts do not just appear. You can check what is the proper userid for the user. See you have multiple users in coppermine look here.

Both Users Newleah

Lost ôîòî è ôàíàðò. Ãàëåðåÿ Äæåéò ñàéòà - NewLeaX Ãàëåðåÿ (http://www.gallery.lostjate.ru/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/2)

Lost ôîòî è ôàíàðò. Ãàëåðåÿ Äæåéò ñàéòà - NewLeaX Ãàëåðåÿ (http://www.gallery.lostjate.ru/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/556)

So at some point in Coppermine you had user accounts with another userid. You would need to move the photos under one user account and you can delete the extra user.

NewLeaX
February 17th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Hmm ok... I guess I know where this profiles are. I remember that some photos were by unrestered people so may be this is the key to the trouble...
Ok I'll try to do as you say.

Chuck S
February 17th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Yes if you compare user galleries based on the userid to see what is correct you can delete anything you dont want.

we simply import the data from coppermine so thats the data coming from coppermine to us.

NewLeaX
February 18th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Chuck S then... what should I do to...
I had two logins in oldgallery - NewLeaX and Admin
And one more now in PP - Lea
They all are of the same ID, but NewLeaX and Admin and Lea all have different e-mails (I made this initially not to mix them).
And now I can't find Admin profile((( It seems that it is mixed with Lea somehow...

There is no such user in Edit Users (Admin panel) and there is one in List of users in Front end of gallery, but when I click on Admin here I get to Lea's profile

Will there be any troubles with that or it's ok?

Am I right that no matter what is your login and e-mail but if you have one and the same ID then all you nicks in Photopost will be the same one?

Chuck S
February 18th, 2009, 09:42 AM
All your users have different userid's so they are different users like I showed this came from your coppermine. The Lea login came from when you setup Photopost before the import. As long as another login you have accesses admin you can delete Lea.

As far as your multiple logins you had in coppermine you can do as you wish. If you wish to move all photos of one extra user to the other user edit those photos and do so. Delete the users you dont want. Make sure you delete the correct ones though.

NewLeaX
February 19th, 2009, 02:40 AM
So... I believe my moving is succeed.

For those who are interested:
if you have a gallery with too many subcategories make them top categories and it will be easier for you to find their parents in new PP gallery.
I had some troubles with that as some subcategories changed their parents and if your gallery is as large as mine it's difficult to find a new place.
I used comments search to find some subcategories.
And now everything seems ok, though not all the photos moved, may be some of them were corrupt.
Thanks.

Chuck S
February 19th, 2009, 11:24 AM
None of your parents where changed. Your whole issue for the majority of this thread is you had not done your cleanup work noted in the instructions which I explained before. Once your clean up work was done all categories appeared and where under the proper parent etc. Alot of the issue you see is differences in Photopost from Coppermine. That confuses alot of people.

We store all the info as it is entered in coppermine but how we do things is not exactly like coppermine.

beansbaxter
March 15th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I loaded up vBulletin and PhotoPost in a test environment before I do the live move tonight to the live site, you can see the test environment:

http://randomtime.com/dump/gallery/

http://randomtime.com/dump/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=371

I ran the Coppermine Import script and none of the images went over. All of the data, albums, users, etc carried over but no images.

Please advise.

Chuck S
March 15th, 2009, 10:12 PM
then your server paths to coppermine files or photopost data directory was incorrect. You should have seen errors on import about this.

beansbaxter
March 15th, 2009, 10:31 PM
The script ran and didnt stop on any errors. You can see the script running at:

http://randomtime.com/dump/gallery/coppermine.php

It shows the photos at the database level but they seem to be missing at the file level.

From within the PP Admin it says there is 80megs in the database but it says 0 photos.

Thoughts?

beansbaxter
March 15th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I noticed that in the PP Admin when I go to the Scan Database option, it produces errors for all 440 pictures that look like this:

Checking photo #110: image /var/www/vhosts/randomtime.com/httpdocs/dump/gallery/data/15/HPIM0406.JPG not found, removing from database... done.

The photos from Coppermine were saved in the exact same location as they were before - what gives?

Chuck S
March 15th, 2009, 11:19 PM
that is going to happen because simply put your photos do not exist

On the first step of the importer you had to enter the database details and the exact full server path to your coppermine albums directory I beleive if I remember where they store pics and your photopost data directory. One or both of your paths are incorrect on the importer config

beansbaxter
March 15th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I tried it 2 different ways and neither worked. I have less than 400 pictures that total no more than 100mb in size.

I edited the coppermine config to look at one directory with all the pictures in there and that didnt work.

Next, I edited the coppermine config to look at the coppermine/userpics directory which has a multitude of numbered folders and the pics are in there.

Neither worked.

What am I doing wrong?

Chuck S
March 16th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Maybe you dont understand server paths? I dont know all I can do is guess. If the importer does not work you have not provided the correct information.

/var/www/vhosts/randomtime.com/httpdocs/dump/coppermine/userpics

/var/www/vhosts/randomtime.com/httpdocs/dump/gallery/data

Of course the coppermine path is incorrect because I simply do not see coppermine or a forum anywhere.

If you want any more suggestions I need to see the live paths your working with.

rcsmith01
March 20th, 2009, 05:08 PM
will this work on 1.4.19 (stable)? I notice the thread is about 4 years old.

rcsmith01
March 20th, 2009, 05:18 PM
also, can it be imported into an existing pp? I'm kind of tired of having 2 galleries. I have like 55K images in coppermine.

rcsmith01
March 20th, 2009, 05:49 PM
It doesn't work. I tried it and hit submit and instantly it says done. import users.

Chuck S
March 20th, 2009, 10:57 PM
The importer works fine as long as you place the correct details in the config file. I would suggest you recheck the database info especially table prefix of coppermine etc

$query=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM {$Globals['coppermine']}users",$vbc);

So you need the full exact table prefix for coppermine.

It is written to install into a brand new clean Photopost not an existing one.

rcsmith01
March 21st, 2009, 12:32 PM
I just loaded up the coppermine.php and put in all the correct values. my photopost doesn't have a table prefix so I left that blank. for coppermine I put in right values from their config file.

Chuck S
March 21st, 2009, 02:20 PM
I would have to see personally your issue

Chuck

jennyk
March 29th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Hi, after importing from coppermine gallery, the images that had non-latin charecters in file name are not showing: my gallery (http://www.sunflowerscrap.com/lgallery/showphoto.php?photo=1607) Can I do something about it or shell correct files such files manually?

jennyk
March 29th, 2009, 09:52 PM
find solution :)
sorry to truble

Chuck S
March 30th, 2009, 09:31 AM
have a good day. Yes if your language is not compatible you would need to make sure to load the proper charset to make it compatible.

Radek Havelka
May 18th, 2009, 08:19 AM
i have few comments :

1) non latin characters and import - the import screws the non latin characters up, if imported from mySQL database 5.0+ with specific encoding. Is there a way how to set up the source encoding (i.e. cp1250-win1250), and what exactly is the target encoding - in what encoding does Photopost run ? Where to set PhotoPosts encoding ?

2) please note that the importer is not working as desired :

$query=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM {$Globals['photopost']}photos",$u3t);
$members=mysql_num_rows($query);

$members=$members+1; // +1
$end=$start+5000;

echo "Importing $members files .... please wait<p>";

if ($start >= $members) {
echo "Import Done";
exit;
}

while ($line=mysql_fetch_array($query)) {

for ( $x=0; $x < count($members); $x++ ) {

$id = $line['id'];
$userid = $line['userid'];
$filepath = $line['filepath'];
$cat = $line['cat'];
$image = $line['bigimage'];
$image2 = "thumb_$image";

echo "Importing ($image)<br />";

as you find out the number of rows in the table, you launch the import, and you import not 5000 (nor 2500) images, but ALL of them. Once the cycle ends, you redirect to page ...?action=import_files&start=2500 and the import runs AGAIN from the scratch, trying to import all the files ! Same is with other parts of the import process, where you redirect to "part" imports by hundreds or thousands items at a time. Importing 38 thousand images from 680 galleries might be really painfull with these errors :)

You are either missing "limit $start, $number" in the sql query statement, or there is wrong limitation in the FOR cycle going thru the records.

Chuck S
May 18th, 2009, 11:22 AM
If your coppermine tables are set with a specific encoding possibly you might want to alter your photopost tables accordingly. The importer does not do nothing to the data other than move it. Thus your issue would have to be with table encoding.

Radek Havelka
May 19th, 2009, 06:05 AM
the source and target encoding is the same, but i guess the importer needs to do query like

set names 'cp1250';

on source connection, and as well on target connection, so it doesnt do anything to non-ascii characters

Chuck S
May 19th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Your telling me you altered our tables to be cp1250 or UTF-8 instead of the normal latin default already?

You can alter the script and add the set names line after the connect if you need to.

Radek Havelka
May 19th, 2009, 10:07 AM
your tables seems to have no encoding set by default - i created a database with encoding "cp1250_czech_cs", launched your installer and all the tables created by this installer have "cp1250_czech_cs" encoding set on them.

I tried to add this codepage setting query to the script, but I wasnt successfull somehow, maybe i give up and drop all old comments, most of the description is done without diacritics, so should be fine

Chuck S
May 19th, 2009, 10:11 AM
mysql_query('SET NAMES cp1251');

This does not work?

Radek Havelka
May 19th, 2009, 10:13 AM
also, there is one problem i discovered - i have categories and subcategories in my CPG gallery. The structure imports OK to PP, but once albums are transferred, if the album ID matches CATEGORY ID, then all the photos are assigned to CATEGORY instead of newly created album.

Radek Havelka
May 19th, 2009, 10:15 AM
for some reason, it didnt :( im now redoing all the thumbs and medium size images, once i finish with that, i will get back to this issue and try to reimport the comments with this settings, and will try to find out the problem. I suggest you put this as one setting to config file, might be usefull to all future users with non-ascii charsets :D

Chuck S
May 19th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Well we dont claim to natively support all foreign languages so might be an option in the future.

Radek Havelka
May 31st, 2009, 03:42 AM
thank you

I managed to modify the script so it takes all the various diacritics issues into account (not only the database, but also non-ascii characters in filenames made me a lot of troubles, so i had to add a function that checks the filename for A-Z 0-9 characters only and replaces any "invalid" ones). I have my website up and running, with some adjustments to fit our needs.

One thing that is still not clear to me is MEMBER / PERSONAL ALBUM. After i imported all the pictures from our Coppermine, all user albums can be found under PERSONAL ALBUMS list of PHOTOPOST HOMEPAGE. But, I cant browse to that via MEMBER page :

this

Fotogalerie Valka.cz - All albums (http://galerie.valka.cz/misc.php?action=showalbums)

shows i have 38 pages of albums

and if I go for example letter D

Fotogalerie Valka.cz - All albums (http://galerie.valka.cz/misc.php?action=showalbums&sl=d&sort=1)

i see some of them filtered by username starting by D.

BUT

when I go Member galleries, letter D

Fotogalerie Valka.cz - Member Galleries (http://galerie.valka.cz/showmembers.php?sl=d)

i dont get anything.

New albums created in PHOTOPOST seems to work as expected and are assigned to Member galleries, but those old albums dont. I dont want to have this duality, which can be confusing to our users, how do I "upgrade" old personal albums from CPG to PHOTOPOST ones ? What DB change needs to be done ? Just hint please, i can update it by myself :D, just dont know where to look.

Chuck S
May 31st, 2009, 10:03 AM
You can try going to admin scan database and rebuild the members last photo.

Fotogalerie Valka.cz - Admin Gallery (http://galerie.valka.cz/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1)

Fotogalerie Valka.cz - von Fenstein Gallery (http://galerie.valka.cz/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1842)

Radek Havelka
May 31st, 2009, 11:14 AM
this seems to do the job, but only for some users - for example this one

Fotogalerie Valka.cz - Sutelik Gallery (http://galerie.valka.cz/showgallery.php/ppuser/11467/cat/500)

is not visible under S, but those you've linked are visible now. What can be the problem here ?

Chuck S
May 31st, 2009, 11:30 AM
You can run it again.

Radek Havelka
June 1st, 2009, 04:57 AM
did it, no difference :(

Radek Havelka
June 1st, 2009, 05:07 AM
I found the problem - the mysql settings of the database is CASE SENSITIVE, so when looking for 's%' it doesnt find Sutelik user ... i will modify this code to work with case sensitive names

Chuck S
June 1st, 2009, 10:09 AM
Okay glad you sorted that

Halfhidden
September 17th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Hi Chuck, just installed coppermine script you created to migrate from Coppermine to Photopost... al went fine but I have this error on the last import... should I just ignore this:

Error
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/picturez/public_html/gallery/coppermine.php on line 735
Importing 1 files .... please wait

Thanks Steff

Halfhidden
September 17th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Hi Chuck, just installed coppermine script you created to migrate from Coppermine to Photopost... al went fine but I have this error on the last import... should I just ignore this:

Error
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/picturez/public_html/gallery/coppermine.php on line 735
Importing 1 files .... please wait

I don't seem to have any picture imported and the categories aren't working.
Thanks Steff

Chuck S
September 17th, 2009, 02:00 PM
That error tells me you have not inputted the correct config mysql information when asked. You can edit the config file that comes with the script and recheck this info and rerun the import.

Halfhidden
September 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM
That error tells me you have not inputted the correct config mysql information when asked. You can edit the config file that comes with the script and recheck this info and rerun the import.
Hi Chuck... you are right I have made a typo with the db user_name.
Sorry I did notice this and haven't been able to post.
The pictures are importing and have been for over 3 hours so far.
Is this normal for 16K pictures. It's only from one directory to another I guess... not a server transfer.
The categories don't yet show up... nor comments and the members galleries don't exist either... I guess I'll update you after the pictures have transfered and once I've run the db update in Photoportal admincp.
Kind regards,
Steff

Chuck S
September 17th, 2009, 07:22 PM
You will have to wait for the import to complete and then do the clean up work meantioned in the initial post.

Halfhidden
September 17th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Hi Chuck, done all of that and things are quite wrong. Some, not all pictures have the wrong user as the owner..... some pictures have the right comments but the wrong user name against them. Some comments have the right username but the wrong avatar..... and some users are only refered to as ip addresses.
I guess its gone wrong... what would be your suggestion please?

Chuck S
September 18th, 2009, 06:38 AM
well what do you mean users are wrong on pictures you would have to provide much more detailed info and examples for me to even guess at your issue. Remember we are simply reading the info thats in your coppermine tables and transfering it to photopost. So the userid's we get from coppermine.

Halfhidden
September 18th, 2009, 07:48 AM
well what do you mean users are wrong on pictures you would have to provide much more detailed info and examples for me to even guess at your issue. Remember we are simply reading the info thats in your coppermine tables and transfering it to photopost. So the userid's we get from coppermine.

After the import the pictures had the wrong users as owners. Only a few had the correct owners. forinstance; user "A" pictures were now owned by user "B" and so on.
The problem with the comments was siminlar to the pictures. Although the comments were correct the owner (original poster) was incorrect. So a comment posted by user "A" now show that user "D" posted the comment.
It seems that the users import is out of sync.
I've trashed the tables and started the whole import process again

My Coppermine setup is straight forward as far as I know. Coppermine is bridged to SMF 1.1.9 so the users table in coppermine only had about three users in it.
The import process is about half way through at the moment so there is nothing to see, so there is no point me posting a link to the gallery at this stage.
I'm not sure as to how the transfer became out of sync... but with a bit of luck it will transfer ok this time.
I'll post back once the process has completed.
Thanks for your reply.

Chuck S
September 18th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Well there is your issue. This importer is written to import coppermine to photopost standalone to standalone. bridges are gonna cause things to be out of whack.

Example if your coppermine does not have users in it where are we going to grab the user from? see what I mean?

$name = addslashes($line['owner_name']);
$userid = $line['owner_id'];

we look at your coppermine photos table to see what the owner stuff is. If your users do not exist in coppermine then you can run into a serious issue then. If the users username is still there maybe you can use this script to get the right userid

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-import-scripts/115240-reassign-userids-when-switching-integrations-vbulletin.html

That will work for any forum

Halfhidden
September 18th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Just finnished running database cleanup after running userfix.
Sorry but only a marginal improvement.
Mostly the problem is the same. Users pictures belong to the wrong users. Also I noticed that the data import of the pictures only shows 4gigabytes worth of impoted pictures from Coppermine whereas the albums folder in Coppermine is in fact 8 gigabyte; that would explain why a lot of pictures are not showing up in categories.

Again comments placed beneath pictures are written by user "A" but has another users ID against it instead.

Chuck S
September 18th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Please read my last post1!

Your definately not using the importer as it was designed. it was designed to import a standalone coppermine into a clean photopost install.

I mean how are we to know what users pictures belong to who if your coppermine has no users. See what I mean here. You told me your coppermine only has 3 users and thats the issue. The importer is not able to import the users so there is no way to get the user info for a user.

Now as stated you may be able to salvage some things by trying to run the other script I noted if your photopost is integrated with your SMF. That script will grab and insert a userid from smf based on the username thats on photos and comments. Now as stated that can only work if your actual photos and comments have the correct username on them. Do they?

Might help if you post a URL here.

Chuck S
September 18th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Also your going to have user ownership issues no matter what here. I looked at your site in our license records.

Not only did you import a coppermine into a photopost where you had no user records in coppermine you also switched smf to vbulletin.

You most definately have to run this script

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-import-scripts/115240-reassign-userids-when-switching-integrations-vbulletin.html

Basically when you import your smf users into vbulletin using the vbulletin impex importers it will change all your userid's. Thus you need to run this other script I meantion to grab and update the users userid based on there username. Now as long as the usernames are correct on the photos and comments you should get everything sorted. As noted it all depends on the quality of data on import. I cant say how coppermine performs when its bridged with another app like SMF.

Halfhidden
September 18th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Please read my last post1!

Your definately not using the importer as it was designed. it was designed to import a standalone coppermine into a clean photopost install.

I mean how are we to know what users pictures belong to if your coppermine has no users. See what I mean here. You told me your coppermine only has 3 users and thats the issue. The importer is not able to import the users so there is no way to get the user info for a user.

Now as stated you may be able to salvage some things by trying to run the other script I noted if your photopost is integrated with your SMF. That script will grab and insert a userid from smf based on the username thats on photos and comments. Now as stated that can only work if your actual photos and comments have the correct username on them. Do they?

Might help if you post a URL here.

Ok my misunderstanding. I was under the understanding that the userfix corrected the user ID's between VB and PP.
I can see what you want me to do....
Integrate Photopost with smf and run userid. Realine photopost with VB and then run database cleanup... is that right?
To answer your question yes the users and pictures are in the correct order on Coppermine... infact the coppermine gallery has no errors.
Sorry for misunderstanding... just been at this now for 30 hours and could do with a kip.

Chuck S
September 18th, 2009, 08:33 PM
No the userfix will correct the issue as I said. Your photopost can be integrated with vbulletin thats fine.

All I am saying is for it to work you need to make sure the actual right usernames are on the photos so we can grab a userid because the script gets the userid from the username ;)

gameover
August 8th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Hello,

Where can I find the script for the latest version of photopost Pro ?

Thanks

Chuck S
August 8th, 2011, 08:28 AM
This is the only script that I have ever released. It has nothing to do with what version of pro your using it is a self contained script which has nothing to do with pro code.

gameover
August 8th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Well, I've read the last posts. I'm afraid because, I'm using coppermine in PHPNuke and want to convert his database into PhotoPost pro that integreted into VBulletin 4.x

It seems that impossible to do with this script, I'm ok ?

Chuck S
August 8th, 2011, 03:26 PM
can not say as I do not know how phpnuke coppermine work together. This script was written to import coppermine into photopost really standalones.

gameover
March 7th, 2012, 04:23 PM
No news for me too :(

Chuck S
March 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM
all you can do is try it. It is an old script.

gameover
March 7th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Doesn't work with coppermine within phpnuke

Chuck S
March 7th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Most likely because your user stuff is not being pulled. You would probally have to alter the importer to grab the user stuff.

If your integrating Photopost into phpnuke things might work but as I have posted before this 7 year old script was basically written to take a standalone coppermine and import into a standalone photopost.

dlpcorp
March 5th, 2014, 06:39 PM
not to raise a thread from the dead... but assuming that this doesnt work anymore? using it to import a basic coppermine (no integration), and it loads things completely weird. no actual files transfer, and even the settings get screwy (categories SHOW in the db... but arent shown in admin panel.... photos show up in random photos on the front page, but arent associated with any category, and dont have files, etc)

my pp album is stand alone as well. fresh install.

dlpcorp
March 5th, 2014, 08:05 PM
also, after reading through this thread, i am not getting errors. everything says it imports fine. but, i get
- no images on disc
- no sub categories import

it imports the users correctly, numbers (like photos, views, etc), comments, titles.... basically, everything but subs and actual files.

Chuck S
March 5th, 2014, 08:31 PM
If it imports things but actual files I would highly suggest your file paths are not correct because if there are photo entries in the photos table of photopost we imported from coppermine and your paths are correct and those images exist we would import them.

Hard for me to say without seeing what your doing but that would be my guess. Number one issue with stuff is usually user error with input information.

Chuck S
March 8th, 2014, 03:15 PM
So I have not heard back here from you have you checked your server paths etc?

Without more direct examples hard for me to comment further. If you want me to look at what your doing you would need to send urls ftp info and admin login through the contact us link in our site header.