PDA

View Full Version : Order Prints Option

HenryS
April 25th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Hi,

I saw an option to set "Allows users to order prints of photos?" in Admin Demo.

What is this feature and how it works.

Thank you
Henry

Michael P
April 25th, 2005, 01:09 PM
It's a reserved feature for a future update. At the time we were developing PP5 we had a partner who was going to fufill print orders; but at the time of release the partner company was unable to complete their side of the ordering process. We are waiting to see if they will indeed be able to finish it while also looking for additional partners.

The shopping cart software is included and is simply waiting for the specific info a partner would need to allow submissions.

HenryS
April 25th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I wish you, Michael P., to resolve the partner problem soon.

Is it possible to test-drive ordering system now?
Because the ordering GUI and features are as important as a gallery view.

Thank you,
Henry

oceanart
June 14th, 2005, 01:46 AM
I would love to have this implemented ... :-) please please please ... (I am assuming from admin panel for now I should set it to "no")

For example I just need the basics in addition to what you have:
- a button at the top to show what you have in a cart (right now you have to go back to images that have order print enabled and select order-print to see what you have in a cart)
- next to each image "quantity"
- next to each image a type of order that can be configured from admin panel (4x6, 5x7, 8x11, wallet)
- finally the "order button" and next to it "update quantity"

I would love to test drive what you have :-)

Paul

cobalty
June 19th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Can't be that hard, any partner would be getting all kinds of free traffic to their service. Sounds like a cash cow to me :)

HobbyTalk
June 19th, 2005, 09:25 PM
I have tried to contact a few with info on how to integrate but none of them would allow direct integration. They require photos to be uploaded to their site... I am not sure how Gallery is pulling it off.

Michael P
June 20th, 2005, 07:10 AM
You would think, but it seems the legal issues of printing photos is a very hot topic right now. Even on the gallery site you can read about how Gallery was sued over this very subject. We continue to try and find partners, but all that we talk to have discontinued their submissions services.

brother7
June 20th, 2005, 08:35 AM
I'm looking for functionality that would allow a member to order prints directly from me, and I would fulfill the order myself, not thru a third party. Something along the lines of www.outdoorphotos.com/photos would be perfect for my needs. Any plans for this in the near future?

Michael P
June 20th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Most of the stuff is already there; you'd only need to have the backend work done which submits the list of images to you in whatever format you want. When you turn on this feature people can add images to their "cart"; all that needs to be added is some code on the cart page that says "submit" which then takes the user to the order page which you would design.