PDA

View Full Version : Avatars Not changing for Photopost.

iloco
April 3rd, 2005, 09:12 AM
I had a member change their avatar in VBB and it is not showing in photopost.
The old avatar is still showing in photopost and I have ran scan data base and counters on both vbb and photopost and it still shows the old avatar.
First time I have had a problem with this. Usually custom avatars will show on photopost when they are changed.
Any ideas much appreciated how to get this working in PP as it is in vbb. :)

I may be wrong but before I didn't have this problem before the 5.03 upgrade.
Could it be somethng has changed in the files of the new upgrade. :)

Gallery is Here (http://www.iloco.org/photopost/)
user: test
pass: test

classylady is the user whos avatar is still showing the old one in photopost but is a new one in the forums of vbb.

I changed my own avatar in vbb and it will not show in photopost now. Only the previous one I had is still showing. Something has changed but I have no idea where. :)

Michael P
April 3rd, 2005, 03:41 PM
What does changing an avatar in vB have to do with images in PhotoPost? I'm confused.

iloco
April 3rd, 2005, 03:54 PM
Sorry for confusing
I had a member change their avatar in vbb it will not change in photopost. Photopost keeps the old one showing instead of the new one.
I tryed it also by changing my avatar in vbb and in photopost I still have the one before the change showing.
I know when a member picks an avatar from the ones stored in vbb files it use not pick it up but if I downloaded that image and then re uploaded it in custom avatars it would then show in photopost gallery with user names.
Hope this explains little better.

I didn't ahve this problem with 4.8.6 so must be something to do with 5.0 or one the other updates. I am using 5.03 with upograde of only the files you said to upgrade.

This is only about avatar showing and not images.

I have attached a pic showing the new avatar the member put in vbb and what is still showing in Photopost. the one in photopost will not change from old to new.

b6gm6n
April 4th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Could be a host cache issue or your browser, are avatars stored in the database? eitherway try clearing your cache and doing a hard refresh (ctrl+F5)

-T

iloco
April 4th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Well Toney you hit the nail on the head.
I use two browsers and not sure if using Internet Explorer and Firefox why I needed to clear cache on each for it to see the avatar in photopost when it would see it in VBB.
Weird how things work sometimes.
Thanks for getting me straightened out. :)

kwrd
April 12th, 2005, 01:40 PM
We're having the same problem... except hitting Refresh or Ctrl-F5 isn't solving it.

People have changed their avatar image at Christmas-time and it's showing up correctly for them in vBulletin but their old one is still showing up in PhotoPost.

They tried clearing out their cache and they tried Refreshing and they tried Ctrl-F5 and it's still not working. Any suggestions?

b6gm6n
April 12th, 2005, 03:52 PM
well, if it's not a server issue then it might be something in vbulletins 'avatar.php' concerning the 'dateline' code... what version of vb are you on?

-T

kwrd
April 12th, 2005, 04:03 PM
We're using vb version 3.0.7

b6gm6n
April 13th, 2005, 05:52 PM
So it's been a number of months since an avatar was changed, browser cache cleared... hmmm if it's not a server issue or ISP issue then i'm stumped...have you tried asking over at vbulletin.com? - if you get this sorted, let us know :) cheers

-T

kwrd
April 20th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Well, I made the code change suggested at the bottom of this thread:

http://www.photopost.com/members/forum/showthread.php?t=112891&page=1&pp=20

AND... we also told them to log out of the gallery -- then empty their browser's cache -- and then login again... and that worked.

I'm not sure if it was the code change... or the logging in/out... or a combination of the 2 things... but it's working!