PDA

View Full Version : Hi can you answer my questions

Damir P
April 3rd, 2005, 05:06 AM
Hi

I have a few questions?

Why didn't photopost and other products of you have the ability to change the templates like vbulletin have your templates are more confusing and its very hard to change them for someone that have minimum html and php experience?

The upgrade system from vbulletin is much more easiest then yours can you make some changes in that area for example I change the template in vbulletin and when they issue the new bulletin I upgrade it and the changes that I made in the templates stays there they just change the code that must be change and not the whole template?

Will you improve Vbulletin implement system to be better for example I have some styles and when I change from photopost to bulletin its different a lot.

Regards
Damir

Chuck S
April 3rd, 2005, 06:26 AM
Damir

There is a huge difference here. I absolutely hate VB template system. Its an either or situation for most people. Vbulletin stores things in the database and while it might be easy for them to just apply diff patch's to templates since they are database stored it makes there database huge and slow on alot of systems and a bit more server intensive. I for one don't think you will see us switch to storing our templates in a database as it would not be the wisest thing to do but who knows what the future brings.

Our upgrade system is actually pretty easy if the instructions are followed. You can't compare VB and Photopost as they are two separate apps. With Photopost you have file uploads as the main component and as a result there are certain permissions that need to be in place when doing things and when users have issues this is the most common cause.

We always look for ways to make things easier for customers just like the redesigned install script which I think is alot more intuitive than the old script. I think our one main problem is not enough documentation on install or upgrades and we need to stress highly certain things so look for improved documentation in the future.

Damir P
April 3rd, 2005, 06:42 AM
When will you make version 6 of photopost and what new functions will it have

Chuck S
April 3rd, 2005, 06:51 AM
Just like any software company I will say there is no timeline. The next version will most likely not be 6.0 maybe something like 5.1 who knows.

We just released Photopost 5 and wrapped up any minor issues with it resulting in 5.03 and our other two products Reviewpost and Classifieds will go through a beta and release before we begin on the next cycle of Photopost so I would definately state it will be awhile.

We probally do at least two decent new releases a year on photopost and then some minor releases as well.