PDA

View Full Version : 5.03 -> Four new forums supported: MyBB, WowBB, Mambo, XMB

Michael P
April 1st, 2005, 03:07 PM
With the release of the 5.03 update, we have added four new forum integrations. The forums and level of integration are:

MyBB (user and style integration included)
WowBB (user and style integration included)
Mambo (user integration only)
XMB (user integration only)

These forums are available during the installation of PhotoPost 5.03 (and any future releases).

ccunet
April 3rd, 2005, 01:09 PM
deleted

SaN-DeeP
April 3rd, 2005, 09:25 PM

What does this means ?

RMS-Chef
April 4th, 2005, 12:59 AM

What does this means ?
I means that they offer no support for style/theme integration of any sort.
It means PhotoPost will work off the forum user database and members will not have to register a second time for the gallery. I imagine that this means cookies are passed as well but I am not sure.

Michael P
April 4th, 2005, 08:21 AM
That's what it means - the users database is shared, but the styles are internal to PhotoPost and would need to be changed to match your site layout.

DudeRick
April 4th, 2005, 10:21 AM
This is the news that I have been waiting for! Is 5.03 currently being distributed?

Chuck S
April 4th, 2005, 10:53 AM
5.03 is released correct ;)

batmon
April 6th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Can you list out what other existing forums been intergrated with style & CSS too? PHPBB?? Thank you.

With the release of the 5.03 update, we have added four new forum integrations. The forums and level of integration are:

MyBB (user and style integration included)
WowBB (user and style integration included)

These forums are available during the installation of PhotoPost 5.03 (and any future releases).

Chuck S
April 6th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Can you list out what other existing forums been intergrated with style & CSS too? PHPBB?? Thank you.

Those are:

vb3
ubbthreads
phpbb2
ib
ib2
mybb
wowbb

snoopy5
April 7th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Hi,

very good news indeed! Could you please post the version number required for the mambo integration? Is it Mambo 4.5 or 4.5.2?

For a fresh install, do I have to install first mambo and then PP or the other way around?

How about already existing PP and Mambo installations. Any way to make it afterwards working?

Thanks in adavance

Chuck S
April 7th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Seffern2

As always you install Mambo first so you can integrate Photopost

As far as versions I dont beleive any user table changes etc occured between both mambo versions so it works fine. This has been tested with whatever mambo's where current 4 months ago and then last week ;) whichever they where

As far as existing installs if you want to change integrations you have the same thing to worry about as any other install. How to import the photopost users into your forum with the same userids

batmon
April 7th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Those are:

vb3
ubbthreads
phpbb2
ib
ib2
mybb
wowbb

Hello,

i just install phpBB2 but i can't make the styles the same for photopost and reviewpost. there is no header and footer neither. However, they do using the same phpbb2 user database. do I need to change anything after the installation tomake this work? thank you.

Chuck S
April 7th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Yes with phpbb we pull user and style integration

However style integration is just that stylesheet intgegration match stylesheet colors. Its not going to pull a header or footer

To use the style you set in forum settings use forumstyle to yes

Usually with phpbb you in your header to get the box around the forum to this

<table cellpadding=0" cellspacing="0" width="100%>
<tr>
<td class="bodyline">

OTHER HEADER STUFF HERE YOU WANT

then in your footer you place this

</td>
</tr>
</table>

batmon
April 7th, 2005, 03:45 PM
To use the style you set in forum settings use forumstyle to yes

Found that, thanks. Reviewpost works but Photopost won't work. is this a bug in photoPost or am i missing something?

Chuck S
April 7th, 2005, 03:51 PM
You missed something as the style integration is the same

Medar
April 11th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Michael or Omega - any plans on integrating into FusionBB? (http://www.fusionbb.com/) I know there are many old Threads users looking at this as a replacement for the defunct UBB.Threads.

Medar
April 11th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Well that was easy - I searched for fusionbb before posting AND after...and just found Omega's comment on the 5th stating he had just integrated it.

Wonderful news :)

Chuck S
April 11th, 2005, 05:42 PM
The FusionBB integration is written although not released here yet in the software

Medar
April 12th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Hey that works for me. FusionBB is not released yet either! :)

Chuck S
April 12th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Yep its still beta

spcover
April 12th, 2005, 06:06 PM
I'm sorry I need clarification on the Mambo integration.

Is that only for PhotoPost?

I need Mambo integration for PhotoPost Classifieds, not PhotoPost.

If not available for PhotoPost Classifieds, when might it become available?

Thanks much.

Sean

Chuck S
April 12th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I would need to get clarification when that would be included. I am the one who writes the integration but I dont set the release timelines.

You are correct though Mambo has been released for Photopost not Classifieds as of yet.

CavySpirit
April 12th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I have been looking for vB and Mambo Integration. I could easily add Photopost to the mix. CAN I have: Photopost, vB and Mambo on one installation, all using vB's user database and validation?

Chuck S
April 12th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Mambo integration means we integrate with the mambo database.

We already integrate with VB so I guess you need to ask your question on VB mambo in the appropriate forum as we integrate with either of those products. Your issue seems to be with VB and Mambo.

snoopy5
April 13th, 2005, 04:20 AM
... mmmmhhh,

let's assume I am planning to install 3 different photopost boards and all 3 shall be integrated with the same mambo installation (it would exist only 1 Mambo installation, but 3 PP on the whole).

Would that be possible?

Chuck S
April 13th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Yes surely as we integrate with Mambo

Rhyze
April 13th, 2005, 09:06 PM
what are the steps to make a Mambo,vBulletin,Photopost site working all together?

PS.

Great Job on the integration of mambo!! thumbs up!

Chuck S
April 14th, 2005, 08:17 AM
I guess one would need to write a Mambo/VB Integration as I stated above.

We integrate with Mambo. We integrate with VB3. I beleive and two people have stated this already but the question about integrating VB3 with Mambo might be best asked at vbulletin.org