PDA

View Full Version : pre-sale questions

jux7000
March 27th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Hi,

I'm considering buying a licence, and just have some quick questions:

1) Are there any plans to make galleries and their stats listable vertically in the index, with the galleries themselves then tiled horizontally across within their respective categories? I'm not exactly sure of the best way to explain this, other than to show an example of what i mean. This screenshot was taken from the photopostdev "themes and layouts" gallery, and it actually visually represents what i mean pretty well.

http://www.photopostdev.com/photopost/data/2/394galleryview.jpg

If it's not clear what i'm talking about i will try to describe it further.

2) Suppose you have video files in one gallery, and photos in another. if you wanted to allow hotlinking to the photos, but not the videos, is it as simple as placing an .htaccess file in the directory containing the videos?

3) Does branding removal remove all references to Photopost in titles, control panels, error pages, etc, as well as in the end parsed source code, including commented lines? And once the fee is paid, are we given the instructions on how to remove the branding, or are we sent a full zip file with branding already removed?

4) Does imagemagick need to be specially compiled for Mac OSX Server 10.3.8, or should the standard linux/unix version be sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

Michael P
March 29th, 2005, 05:04 PM
The current system uses templates which can be modified to suit your needs - we offer a gallery layout and a forum layout by default (see www.michaelpierce.com/gallery/index.php is a gallery example).

2) Yes, you can place an htaccess file in the respective directory for the video category to prevent hotlinking.

3) Branding free allows you to remove the references; it is not pre-removed. There are only a few locations for this kind of information.

4) I do not know anything about Mac servers, so cannot answer that question specifically.

jux7000
March 30th, 2005, 10:12 AM
thanks for the information...

regarding question #3, can you confirm for me whether or not "Photopost" shows up in the publicly viewable source code?

for example, one of the popular php shopping carts out there offers a branding removal option, but when i took a look at an installed example, the brand name still shows up in the source code, just commented out. now, that could've be due to the installer doing something wrong, too, but i have know way of knowing one way or the other.

sorry if this seems trivial, but the person i'm working for is interested in knowing this, and it will affect whether they pay for the branding removal option.

Michael P
March 30th, 2005, 10:37 AM
There are probably a couple tags in the templates which can be removed; if you purchase this option, PM me and I will provide you explicit instructions on how to remove the tags.