PDA

View Full Version : Approve Photos AND Descriptions + other ?'s

BumpStop
March 26th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Hi,

I've been searching for software for a long time and this one comes close, but I think it lacks a key feature, approving photos AND their descriptions.

Photopost has the photo approval system, but I'd rather approve the entire post; the photo, the description, and keywords, etc.

I-Rater.com software is just a picture rating system, but admins can modify anything the user submits, then the user gets a confirmation once approved. Admins can download the pictures, crop, change and upload. Does Photopost do that?

Questions I need answered.

1. Can Admins approve the entire post? Can admins modify anything of the post, including photos?
2. Once approved, do users get and custom confirmation email?
3. Is there a built in mechanism where I can charge for more than 1 photo upload or charge for more space? I would like to do 1 for free, all others extra.

Thanks,
Garrett

b6gm6n
March 27th, 2005, 05:55 AM
1. Can Admins approve the entire post? Can admins modify anything of the post, including photos?

Admins can of course approve a post, either a photo upload or a comment, they can also modify any imputed data, comments/photos etc

2. Once approved, do users get and custom confirmation email?

Yes emails are sent out for approval notices and deletions and category moves.

3. Is there a built in mechanism where I can charge for more than 1 photo upload or charge for more space? I would like to do 1 for free, all others extra.

If you integrate PP with vbulletin or Invision board you can use the forum 'subscription' service which works with usergroups and as such would give those who have paid a subscription access to certain areas of the forum/photopost and or increased limits etc, but photopost at present does not have an internal system for payments

-T

BumpStop
March 27th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks for your responses.

"Admins can of course approve a post, either a photo upload or a comment, they can also modify any imputed data, comments/photos etc"

I must have missed this in the admin demo. Where is this feature? I can only find approve photos.

Thanks,
Garrett

mjm
March 27th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Well, once the photo has been approved you can edit the users photo and edit any portion of the commentary etc

Mark

BumpStop
March 27th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Well, once the photo has been approved you can edit the users photo and edit any portion of the commentary etc

Mark

Thanks MJM,

Where is that in the admin demo? I don't see anywhere where you can edit everything.

Still, I don't think this will suffice. I want my users to submit a post, (photo, title, keywords, description) and I want to review it all before I approve. Also, if the user goes in and changes their description, I need to again approve it before it posts.

Sounds like Photopost doesn't allow this and all changes can happen after the fact that is approved and the admin wouldn't know. Correct?

Garrett

mjm
March 27th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Sorry I haven't checked out the demo. I'm just referring to my own application.
Admin can easily manage every component of a users input after the photo has been approved.
The only thing I can't do yet is create albums for users.
I have to wait until the user has created them before I can modify them.
Otherwise you have all the management tools you'll need.

Mark

mjm
March 27th, 2005, 02:21 PM
You mean just like you edited your post as I was writing? LOL

I believe you can moderate the users input before it get uploaded, and you do get the contents in your email notification.

However I don't use moderation that extensively which BTW can be set as per usergroup.
In this regard I can't imagine you'd need anything more then what PhotoPost offers, but I'll let others chime in here.

Mark

Still, I don't think this will suffice. I want my users to submit a post, (photo, title, keywords, description) and I want to review it all before I approve. Also, if the user goes in and changes their description, I need to again approve it before it posts.

Sounds like Photopost doesn't allow this and all changes can happen after the fact that is approved and the admin wouldn't know. Correct?

Garrett

Michael P
March 29th, 2005, 05:07 PM
If a user changes their photo information and you have moderation enabled, then the photo is placed back into the approve queue for re-evaluation.