PDA

View Full Version : Reviewpost Integrated With Photopost

BobHarbison
March 22nd, 2005, 07:52 PM
I've just purchased another copy of Photopost (Do you have a prize for the most licenses? I think I've got 5 or 6 of them now...)

I'm considering integrating it with Reviewpost. I'm going to create directory of railroads in the US with photos of them in the gallery. The reviews wouldn't be reviews as much as informational listings on locations etc. How easy is to customize the reviewpost format and add other fields if I wanted?

The two sites would compliment each other, and the "reviews" would have a link to more photos on the photopost site. I'm guessing this can be done? What are the main advantages to using Reviewpost instead of doing the same thing in say Vbulletin?

Any other comments or suggestions?

Michael P
March 25th, 2005, 09:00 PM
ReviewPost can integrate with the PhotoPost user system; so no problems there.

ReviewPost works on much of the same system as PhotoPost with regards to templates and such; modifications would be handled the same way.

Depending on the level of discussion you want to have you would look at ReviewPost as an informational tool and a forum (like vB) as a way for your community to exchange more than just info about a specific location.

I would suggest that you consider using a forum if your community can support it and use ReviewPost as an informational tool which lists locations along with Pros/Cons and Reviews (ReviewPost is more of a product specific application, but it can be modified to suit your needs - I believe several others use it to review companies, hosiptals, etc).

BobHarbison
March 25th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I'll do...