PDA

View Full Version : Photopost for a video gallery?

ReignForever.com
March 21st, 2005, 10:11 PM
A few questions about how the Photopost script handles video files. Can users upload more then one video? How much video can a user upload?

Thank you,

ebola

Michael P
March 21st, 2005, 10:14 PM
They can upload as many as you want to allow them - you can place restrictions on the size of the multimedia file or an overall max cap on the total bytes a user can upload total.

I have some videos that are 20mb+ in some of my galleries.

ReignForever.com
March 21st, 2005, 10:20 PM
I've been doing a search through some threads about video but I still haven't seen an example of an uploaded video clip in a website running photopost. Will the video be streamed on it's own page or start downloading?

Michael P
March 22nd, 2005, 07:37 AM
http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/509

Here's one of my multimedia galleries. You can select to have videos streamed (as I have here) or downloadable by clicking on an icon.

funkmiester
March 22nd, 2005, 10:57 AM
Is it possible to create a separate thumbnail (either inside or outside of PP) and associate it with each clip, rather than the generic 'Video' thumbnail?

Michael P
March 22nd, 2005, 11:01 AM
As you can see from my gallery, I have both thumbnails from the video and standard thumbnails. You can upload an optional thumbnail at the time you upload the video to be used in place of the default.

funkmiester
March 22nd, 2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks Michael, hadn't noticed that ;) It's looking good :)