PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to buy

joeman46
March 19th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Wow, research and procrastination pays off :) 15% off now :)

I have been researching photopost, and others for the last 60 days. I have settled into photopost but and have a simple question.

Let me explain waht I want to do.

I want it tied together with a bulletin board, with some areas being free, some requireing registration (not paid) and some areas being a paid membership area.

So, the question is

What is the best setup? Which BBS sstem etc is the best for photopost.

Obviously, I realize that it works with many, but I also know that there is one particular BB that works better then the others.

I like what I have seen, and don't want to get 1/2 into the project only to find out that I should be using xyz BB instead of ABC BB

Michael P
March 19th, 2005, 05:04 PM
vBulletin has a built in subscription system which I know many of our users use to make content available to premium members; I would suggest looking into that.

joeman46
March 19th, 2005, 07:55 PM
vBulletin has a built in subscription system which I know many of our users use to make content available to premium members; I would suggest looking into that.

Yes, I've looked in to vBB quite a bit, but I figured that as the programmers, you have worked with virtuall all of them, and one of them stands out :).

b6gm6n
March 20th, 2005, 04:28 AM
vbulletin and photopost with subscriptions active using paypal is a great system, i use it and have had nothing but success.

-

joeman46
March 20th, 2005, 09:23 AM
vbulletin and photopost with subscriptions active using paypal is a great system, i use it and have had nothing but success.

-

Thanks, I appreciate the input. Quick question, how many users do you have, approx how many are paid?

Joeman