PDA

View Full Version : ReviewPost Questions

WB
March 16th, 2005, 04:24 PM
We're thinking about adding a ReviewPost install to go along with our PhotoPost install. A few quick questions:

The features list mentions user uploads for reviews but the sample sites that I've come across have the product photo up top and not within the individual user reviews so I'm not sure if photos can also be in each review.

An example to be explicit:

http://www.techimo.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=110&sort=7&cat=3&page=1

The photo is at the top of the 'main' review. If we wanted to allow users to upload additional photos in their reviews, is that possible? In other words, could the 2nd review posted by 'testit' include a photo if we so chose?

Additionally, with the internal comments system, is there support for any type of bbcode like syntax handling so that users can format their messages?

I've also seen mention of DealTime link support. Are other price comparison services supported?

Lastly, can ReviewPost and PhotoPost use the same users db (we use the PhotoPost registration system on PhotoPost without any forum integration and were curious if ReviewPost could integrate if we wanted it to)?

Thanks.

Chuck S
March 17th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Hello

Photos may not be posted with comments. This is true about any of our products. A review is a review and that can have up to 3 photos. The reviews of the product below are much the same comments.

Reviewpost can be installed as an external install and select Photopost as the product to integrate with. You can surely use your photopost users for one login.

WB
March 18th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the response.

I think these questions weren't answered. A paste from my first message:

>Additionally, with the internal comments system, is there support for any type of bbcode like syntax handling so that users can format their messages?

>I've also seen mention of DealTime link support. Are other price comparison services supported?

Thanks!

Michael P
March 18th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Yes, bbcode is supported.

No, dealtime is the only integrate link (its only one line in the template); but you can change the link in the template to suit your needs.

Chuck S
March 18th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Basic BBcode works in reviews

Dealtime is the only link provided which you can turn on or off. If you want to use something else you would need to modify the showproduct code and replace the dealtime link with something else

WB
March 18th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Great, thanks for the replies.