PDA

View Full Version : Can PhotoPost Do This?

Dark Severance
March 8th, 2005, 10:08 PM
I host various graphic artists, webcomics, etc on my website. I've used many other Gallery systems but the only downfall was that they tended to not integrate with IPB's member database. So I finally bought the bullet and bought Invision's Gallery only to kind of be let down. One of the reasons was purchased IPG was to integrate with my message board and to get all my 3rd party products down to a couple integrated products. For some reason I thought that I could control uploads based on a user id or name, it seems it is only based on a membergroup.

I need to be able to control members to post images, items to their own directory and make albums only within that directory. If I set it to allow by member group then everyone in that member group can access other people's albums, edit, upload, remove. If I make a seperate usergroup for each member then there will be a ton of member groups. If I get PhotoPost which I'm told integrates seamlessly into IPB (Invision Power Board 2.0.3) can I control image submission/uploads based on members or is this only controlled by member groups?

An example of how I am trying to setup the menu tree. There are sections that each member has access to only their section. They can add albums, images, move and edit images within their own main category/album. Then there are some general sections that everyone can post too like wallpapers, anime, games, etc.

- Member A's Gallery
-- | ---> Paints
-- | ---> Colored Characters
-- | ---> Jobs
-- | ---> Black & White Characters
-- | ---> Sketches
-- | ---> Various
- Member B's Gallery
-- | ---> Sketchbook
-- | ---> Comic Work
-- | ---> Speed
-- | ---> Junk
-- | ---> Daily
- Member C's Gallery
-- | ---> Screentone Artwork
-- | ---> CG Works
-- | ---> Black & White Inkwork
-- | ---> Fan Art
-- | ---> Doodles & Sketches
- Anime (general access)
- Wallpaper
-- | ---> Member D's Wallpaper 800 x 600
-- | ---> Member D's Wallpaper 1024x768
-- | ---> Other's Wallpaper 800x600 (general access)
-- | ---> Other's Wallpaper 1024x768 (general access)

Dark Severance
August 2nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
Anyone know if it can be done?

ConqSoft
August 2nd, 2006, 06:16 PM
I know it can be done with PhotoPost vBGallery for vBulletin (I have mine set up the same way.), but not sure about PhotoPost.

Chuck S
August 2nd, 2006, 06:38 PM
Members can create personal albums themselves they can assign to categories and upload to. You would remove posting priviledges to the categories so they can not upload there.