View Full Version : PHPBB and PHOTOPOST
February 27th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Can someone please tell me how can i integrate PHPBB into photopost.
I have photopost instalated and now i whont a forum with the same users.
Can someone please tell me the procidure how can i do that i have 64 users in photopost.
February 27th, 2005, 09:20 PM
You would need to import those photopost users into photopost and then switch photopost condig user database to phpbb and all other forum integration settings to phpbb instead of Photopost
February 28th, 2005, 01:01 AM
My question is how? Can you please write step by step for example I have installed forum and PP separately in separate databases. Now step by step how to integrate this two together. What files to change and so... It would benefit other users as well.
February 28th, 2005, 07:09 AM
1. write import script to transfer users from photopost user table to forum user table.
2. edit in admin cookie settings to match
3. edit in admin forum options and set accordingly
3. edit config-inc.php file and point to the user database
February 28th, 2005, 07:33 AM
1. Can i manualy transfer the users from photopost user table to forum user table.
1.1 It these tables the field must be the same or...
2. What Database Prefix must PP have and what PHPBB must have
3. In admin forum option what do i put in this field:
User Registration System
4. My cookie setting in PP are blank
February 28th, 2005, 07:38 AM
1. I said write an import script. You could if you want register one by one all your users in order so they have the SAME USERID with a generic password
2. there is no must this varies by user hense my match accordingly
4. As stated match accordingly to what phpbb2 is and this varies by what the user specifies
February 28th, 2005, 07:49 AM
I have transferd the users
i cant change User Registration System to phpbb2 its stil photopost i click submit but nothing stays the same...
February 28th, 2005, 08:37 AM
In forum settings set everything to the proper things phpbb2 and the proper table prefix which is probally phpbb_ but you would know best on that.
You will need to edit the setting directly in the database, since we don't support "on the fly" changes to the user registration system. Change it to phpbb2
Then you would do the last step of editing the config file
February 28th, 2005, 08:54 AM
If you still cant get it PM me your admin login and url I will take a look see.
After it is switched you will definately need to edit the config so you dont have errors as it would be looking to your old users table and not phpbb
February 28th, 2005, 09:30 AM
i have send you a PM
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.