PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Issues with vB3

pgowder
February 23rd, 2005, 10:26 AM
Several users are complaining that they have to re-login when they go to PhotoPost from vBulletin. What causes that? How can I correct it.

Thanks

Chuck S
February 23rd, 2005, 11:57 AM
I would say cookies without a doubt

Your photopost cookie domain cookie prefix and path must match VB and they need to be installed on the same domain

Your vb license number must also be entered correctly in the config not customer number

These are the two most overlooked things in any install.

Usually this works

cookie domain blank
cookie prefix bb
cookie path /

but you need to check your specific settings

pgowder
February 23rd, 2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks, I'll try those settings.

pgowder
March 3rd, 2005, 02:41 PM
Still having some issues. If you log in through vB you can go into photopost and be logged in. But if you try to login through photopost, it won't log you in.

Can someone try and give me some suggestions?

guest!

Thanks

Chuck S
March 3rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
whats the error you get?

pgowder
March 3rd, 2005, 04:24 PM
No error, it just goes back to the main page--not logged in.

Chuck S
March 3rd, 2005, 04:28 PM
COOKIES!

However we have taken away the need for this to be entered for VB with PP5 so you might want to update

pgowder
March 3rd, 2005, 04:31 PM
Will do, thanks.

nexia
March 3rd, 2005, 05:17 PM
(in all old versions, because PP is the only one to be up-to-date) ...

the best shot you can have is to set these in both tools

cookie domain
cookie prefix
cookie path

... do the same entries in vBulletin AND Photopost tools... all (reviews and classifieds too)...

cookies are reading the domain and the prefix, so if you don't set them, there are missreads... if you set the same on both systems, it's impossible to have errors!

pgowder
March 5th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Ok, I"m on 5.0 now and still having problems.

vB3 settings
path = /
domain = .powwows.com
prefix = bb

photopost
path = /
domain = .powwows.com
prefix = bb

Chuck S
March 5th, 2005, 08:57 PM
what is your vb license number thats entered in the photopost config? is this the license number or have you put your vb customer number.

This is definately cookies

If you choose to put a link to your site and pm me a login I can tell you exactly which it is

pgowder
March 5th, 2005, 08:58 PM
forum
www.powwows.com/gathering

photopost
www.powwows.com/galleries

guest!

Thanks!

Chuck S
March 5th, 2005, 09:04 PM
How do members say they have issue with being logged out?

I clicked many many links and have a perfect login with photopost and VB3 went back and forth and all around

Now your classifieds is a different story ;) You might want to look at that one. I think your users would need to give you more concrete examples.

pgowder
March 5th, 2005, 09:05 PM
I have problems with it. If I'm logged out and go to photopost first, I can't login. Try that and let me know what happens for you.

Thanks

Chuck S
March 5th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Just a thought to check.

If you have custom usergroups in VB3 and you have not imported them into Photopost usergroup table you would want to resync usergroups

pgowder
March 5th, 2005, 09:07 PM
And I've changed the settings in classifieds to match the other 2. Do you stilll have trouble with it?

pgowder
March 5th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Neither vB or photopost seem to be keeping me logged in right now either. If I close the broswer and go back to photopost, I'm logged out??

Chuck S
March 5th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Have you upgraded vb recently from vb2 and forgot to tell Photopost it was vb3?

I get this is logging in through the gallery. Only time I see this is when someone has it set to vb2 not vb3 or changed databases and not told Photopost the new vb3 database location.

Invalid login. Please check your username and password, or register.

Something is definately amiss in the settings. You can PM me an admin login if you choose.

Yes classifieds is still not set right. I wonder how much of this is caused by the use of the third party application AMEMBER.

pgowder
March 5th, 2005, 09:24 PM
No, I've been on vB3 for months.

I'll pm you some info.

Thanks

Chuck S
March 5th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Yep VB3 customer number entered where the license number should be just update it to your license in photopost and classifieds and it should be okay

pgowder
March 5th, 2005, 10:09 PM
I've updated the license number.

Does that fix it?

Chuck S
March 5th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Your VB and classifieds are aligned now.

I would say you need to get rid of the amember stuff in your photopost as if your perfectly sure your photopost is align cookie wise with VB and the license number is correct then amember has to be causing this. As I stated in the PM amember cookies are being created when you login to Photopost so something is not right.

Your classifieds was not aligned and once you updated the license number correctly the login is perfect isnt it ;)

pgowder
March 5th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I'm trying to find where and how amember is set in photopost.

Thanks

pgowder
March 5th, 2005, 10:44 PM
I can't find anything that shows amember is intergrated with Photopost.

Chuck S
March 5th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Is Photopost cookies set the same as classifieds?

Mozilla is a good browser to try if you want to see cookies.

I would suggest trying it out and see what I am talking about. Verify your cookie settings in Photopost against that of the forum and classifieds.

pgowder
March 5th, 2005, 11:10 PM
I'm testing in Firefox. Can I send you my config's (pm me an email). I've checked them, but I must be missing something.

Thanks

Chuck S
March 6th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I think I accept email from the forum

pgowder
March 8th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Ok, I've spoken with the folks at amember. If I don't have the photopost plug in, which I don't. A cookie should not be set.

They checked and didn't see a amember cookie being set??

It is possible that because you are using the guest account, and I've purchased an amember subscription with that account, that that might be the problem.

Can you register a fresh account and try that?

Chuck S
March 8th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Your logins are now integrated for me between vb classifieds and photopost using my omegatron account so whatever you have done since I last commented seems to work

pgowder
March 8th, 2005, 05:00 PM
I still have problems with my account. Wonder if it is because I have an id in amember?

Can you use the admin info I sent you? If I'm logged out and go to photopost first, I can't login.

Thanks

Chuck S
March 8th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Login fine as your admin in gallery now

pgowder
March 8th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Great, thanks for the help!