PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost Questions

Vickie
February 10th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Hi,

I am interested in your software but want to know if some things are possible.

This software seems jam packed with great options but we are actually looking for something that doesn't give the users so much freedom.

We want to be able to specify the categories and not allow users to add their own albums or additional categories. Is this possible? We also do not want people to be able to comment on the pictures or at very least not have them comment on specific categories. Is this something the software can do?

I would also like to know if it is possible to run the software on one server and store the pictures on another server? (We are trying to deal with a bandwidth issue).

Thanks for your help,
Vickie

Michael P
February 10th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Yes, you can limit peoples ability to create alums and only the admin can create categories. You can also turn off comments altogether or just enable them for specific categories.

You cannot store the images on another server because when you upload the images to your server, it doesnt have a way to get them onto the other server.

Vickie
February 10th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks for your quick answer. Are the photos stored in the database or are they stored in a directory?

Regards,
Vickie

Chuck S
February 10th, 2005, 08:11 PM
The files are stored in the directory structure

an insert is stored in the database referencing everything else like photo title description etc

Vickie
March 12th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Hi,

I have now purchased the software and got it up and running. One of my questions above was if it was possible to allow comments only in specific categories. You said this was possible, but I am not seeing how to allow this with the control panel.

Can you let me know how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Vickie

Chuck S
March 12th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Under edit categories remove comment permissions for the usergroups so there will not be comments allowed in that cat

Vickie
March 12th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks! I think it is the wording that confused me :) Works great now.

Vickie