PDA

View Full Version : 3 unanswered photopost / vbulletin integration questions

vissa
February 10th, 2005, 07:01 PM
vbulletin - can photopost replace the built in image uploading?

February 9th, 2005, 06:24 PM
I was just wondering if photopost is good enough to completely replace the vbulletin built-in photo uploading utility... My idea is to have users upload all their photos to photopost and use the vbulletin popup mod for them to show pictures in their posts... Right now my users are constantly uploading the same photos over and over.

Also, someone might want to reply to/view this post
http://www.photopostdev.com/showpos...60&postcount=53

-V

February 9th, 2005, 06:27 PM #2
Also, I wanted to know if there is an easy way to have the user's album in photopost easily link to their user page in vbulletin... Ideally they would both be merged together, but links between them would suffice.

-V

February 9th, 2005, 06:28 PM #3

One last question (promise!). Can the postbit for a user show if they have an album or not within vbulletin threads?

-V

Michael P
February 10th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Just to clarify, PhotoPost staff does not monitor the PhotoPostDev website.

1) It could be, yes. You can use PhotoPost like that.
2) There are mods for vB which lets people link to their galleries, that kind of mod would be covered on photopostdev.com
3) I'm not aware of anyone writing an album specific mod like that, but I dont see why the mod to link to a gallery couldn't be modified. Keep in mind that it would add at least one query per user display (or require a mod to the general query for the list).