PDA

View Full Version : Uplaoding 1 Image to Multiple Categories

nick420
February 9th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Can users upload a single image and "assign" it to multiple categories? For instance they may want it in their main gallery and one or two particular albums, as well as an additional category or two in the "main" area. Or do they have to uplaod the image several times and assign it to a different category each time?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Michael P
February 9th, 2005, 04:33 PM
You can upload one image and have it assigned to multiple categories - which only leaves a single file on your server, but can appear in multiple categories.

nick420
February 9th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks Michael. Is it a setting in the admin area somewhere? Just trying to select multiple cats in your live demo didn't seem to work.

Michael P
February 9th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Yes, you have to set the option for people to be allowed to select multiple categories for a user to be prompted for them.

Check http://www.photopostdev.com/photopost/index.php - I believe I have it enabled there.

nick420
February 10th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Super, I think we're buying today. Thanks for the help.

loet
March 9th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Hello,

I just uploaded some pictures and saw the option to select multiple categories before uploading.
But is it possible to select different categories for pictures after the upload.

We have a lot of pictures from interiors and want to select for some pictures an extra categorie eg, kitchen or bedroom?

Loet van Oostende

Michael P
March 9th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Yes, you can EDIT PHOTO and copy the image to another category. Copying an image works the same way (leaving only one actual copy on the server, but listed in multiple categories).

Layne Smith
April 25th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I've done these steps but I notice the copied image actually appears twice in the user's personal gallery also. Is that intentional? Or have I copied when I should've done soemthing else?

Thanks,
Layne

mjm
April 25th, 2005, 11:33 PM
> I notice the copied image actually appears twice in the user's personal gallery
This is how it works, and unfortunately I don't think it's possible to only show the primary uploaded thumb only.
Here's a thread about this.
http://www.photopost.com/members/forum/showthread.php?t=112590

Mark