PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone sucessfully created a 'services' type of template?

criscokid
February 8th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Has anyone sucessfully created a 'services' type of template? ie: templates based on the for sale ads with 3 photos but with the 'for sale' stuff like condition, sale price, etc removed?

I've managed to so far to copy all of the neceaasry files and rename them but when it comes to editing the showcatx.php file I'me having problems removing the 'condition' and 'price' columns.

nexia
February 10th, 2005, 10:04 PM
you just have to edit the showcatx.tmpl you create for each type of entries you wish, ... never edit the showcat.php for that..

criscokid
February 11th, 2005, 05:30 AM
you just have to edit the showcatx.tmpl you create for each type of entries you wish, ... never edit the showcat.php for that..

I realise that bit. I'm having problems removing the 'condition' and 'price' columns and need some help with that.

criscokid
February 18th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I'm having problems removing the 'condition' and 'price' columns.

Anyone able to offer any assistance?

Chuck S
February 18th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Simple template edit just remove the code in the templates you wish to remove it from. Beauty of templates you can alter them to your needs.

Just find the html and remove it for those items

criscokid
February 18th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Just find the html and remove it for those items

It's fine if you know what you're looking for or good at HTML and stuff. I've tried but haven't had any sucess.

Chuck S
February 18th, 2005, 01:43 PM
They are right next to each other in the template. this should be one without condition and price

<?php

include( "{$Globals['PP_PATH']}/templates/cathead.tmpl" );
include( "{$Globals['PP_PATH']}/templates/categories.tmpl" );

echo<<<PPPRINT
$ppopen
<tr>
<td class="{$Style['menubar']}" align="center" width="50%" colspan="2">
<span class="{$Style['medium']}"><b>{$Globals['pp_lang']['products']}</b></span>
</td>
<td class="{$Style['menubar']}" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">
<span class="{$Style['medium']}"><b>&nbsp;{$Globals['pp_lang']['views']}&nbsp;</b></span>
</td>
PPPRINT;

if ( $Globals['zipcode'] == "yes" ) {
echo<<<PPPRINT
<td class="{$Style['menubar']}" align="center">
<font class="{$Style['medium']}"><b>{$Globals['pp_lang']['distance']}</b></font>
</td>
PPPRINT;
}

echo<<<PPPRINT
<td class="{$Style['menubar']}" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">
<span class="{$Style['medium']}"><b>{$Globals['pp_lang']['date']}</b></span>
</td>
</tr>
PPPRINT;

for( $x=0; $x < $count; $x++ ) {

echo<<<PPPRINT
<tr>
<td class="{$gallery['rowcolor'][$x]}" width="15" align="center">
PPPRINT;

$mthumb = $gallery['hasimage'][$x];
include( "{$Globals['PP_PATH']}/templates/thumbnail.tmpl" );

echo<<<PPPRINT
</td>
<td class="{$gallery['rowcolor'][$x]}" align="left" width="60%">
<span class="{$Style['medium']}"><!--PhotoPost Classifieds, Copyright All Enthusiast, Inc.-->
{$gallery['tagopen'][$x]}{$gallery['prodlink'][$x]}</span><br />
<span class="small">posted by {$gallery['username'][$x]}<br />{$gallery['desc'][$x]}{$gallery['tagclose'][$x]}</span>
</td>
<td class="{$gallery['rowcolor'][$x]}" align="center">
<span class="{$Style['small']}">{$gallery['tagopen'][$x]}{$gallery['views'][$x]}{$gallery['tagclose'][$x]}</span>
</td>
PPPRINT;

if ( $Globals['zipcode'] == "yes" ) {
echo<<<PPPRINT
<td class="{$gallery['rowcolor'][$x]}" align="center">
<font class="{$Style['small']}">{$gallery['tagopen'][$x]}{$gallery['distance'][$x]}{$gallery['tagclose'][$x]}</font>
</td>
PPPRINT;
}

echo<<<PPPRINT
<td class="{$gallery['rowcolor'][$x]}" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">
<span class="{$Style['small']}">{$gallery['tagopen'][$x]}{$gallery['ppdate'][$x]}{$gallery['timeleft'][$x]}{$gallery['tagclose'][$x]}</span>
</td>
</tr>
PPPRINT;

}

echo<<<PPPRINT
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="{$Style['menubar']}" colspan="7" align="center">
$posternav$noresults<br />
</td>
</tr>
$ppclose
</form><br />
PPPRINT;

?>

criscokid
February 18th, 2005, 02:08 PM
One of the problems I had was removing the column and also the header. I assume the above code takes care of that?

Chuck S
February 18th, 2005, 02:16 PM
oh course