PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost and Postnuke.

mirakku
January 31st, 2005, 01:57 PM
Greetings,

I'm currently working on a site for a client and I've gone with PostNuke.
The site can be compared to a dating site of sorts.

I've ended up here on the PhotoPost page as I see your software has a feature that I cannot locate in any other product - Private Member Galleries.

I was wondering if you could elaborate on how the Private Member Galleries work (I saw mention of a 'custom URL' - Does this mean that another user could pass on that URL to someone else and they could browse a private gallery without permission, or is there some method of granting specific users access to private sections?)

Secondly, I realize your software does not officially support PostNuke yet there are various PN sites out there utilizing it. Just how involved is the installation - If you could give me some information as to the difficulty level and what all I would have to do.

Many thanks,

miR

Michael P
January 31st, 2005, 03:23 PM
Private forums are accessed by a user sending another user a URL with the password contained as part of the URL. So, if I establish a private forum, I can "share" it with others by sending them the URL with the unlocking key. We don't have a "grant user" permissions; but its an interesting idea.

We do have PostNuke users and we support PostNuke at the user level. Some members have worked to make it even more tightly integrated at the module level and you can find those users on our forums who have posted information about what they did for that.

mirakku
January 31st, 2005, 04:42 PM
Private forums are accessed by a user sending another user a URL with the password contained as part of the URL. So, if I establish a private forum, I can "share" it with others by sending them the URL with the unlocking key. We don't have a "grant user" permissions; but its an interesting idea.

I'd definately be interested in this and I think it would open your product to a new level of business, that of dating services (which is a big market these days). Private URLs such as what you use now are an acceptable method but being able to grant specific users access is even better, IMO.

We do have PostNuke users and we support PostNuke at the user level. Some members have worked to make it even more tightly integrated at the module level and you can find those users on our forums who have posted information about what they did for that.

Aye, and I'd love to take a look so I can see what all was involved but I would have to purchase the product to get the appropriate forum access to see, from what I'm gathering.... Which is why I asked here. A search on postnuke only produced four results none of which had any content on the integration.

Also, I did find one user claiming he had a module that worked with your program but he claimed he was unable to distribute it on his site because of your products commercial status. Perhaps he would be allowed to post it on your forums?

Anyhow,

miR

mirakku
February 2nd, 2005, 06:26 PM
Any further words on what all is involved integrating this into PostNuke? I have the money in hand, client likes the software - but I need to know if I can integrate it or not and what level of integration is likely.

Thanks.