PDA

View Full Version : phpnuke and photopost instructions

robben
January 21st, 2005, 04:25 PM
Could someone please tell me where the instructions are for integrating photopost and phpnuke? Not as a module but just to use the same databases. I know I've seen this somewhere.
Robert

Chuck S
January 22nd, 2005, 10:02 AM
Select phpnuke integration upon install and make sure where it tells you to input database info that your enter the nuke database in the user database area

Just answer all questions correctly on install.php

sitka
April 25th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Select phpnuke integration upon install and make sure where it tells you to input database info that your enter the nuke database in the user database area

Just answer all questions correctly on install.php

please could you go into more detail. it isn't very really assuring for the user. :confused: i know you guys are programmers but some customer help would be appreciated. especially in installation. this is my second license i've bought from you. I wouldn't have to spend tons of time looking for answers if you had a FAQ with more information. I don't want to install this thing twice after I mess the first installation up.

I am trying to install PP within phpnuke platinum
URL to Forum directory Please make sure this is correct!

there is NO DIRECT FORUM DIRECTORY. this is holding me up. vbulletin installation was easy. maybe instead of trying to add other forum/cms additions it would be nice to have the ones you have documented well. i don't mean to sound rude but my time is precious to me and searching all over the place for answers is very frustrating.

UPDATE:
got semi far but has:
Error:
Error:
Error:
Error:
Error:
Error:
Error:

at top of screen .... let see if this does anything.

just gets worse....

this totally bad experience :(

Chuck S
April 25th, 2005, 07:12 PM
What integration is this?

Is this Nuke is this PostNuke there is a big difference here.

If this is nuke then in the nuke.php file

function init_user_groups() {
global $link, $pp_db_prefix;

change to this

global $link, $Globals;

then after altering that file reinstall

sitka
April 25th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/softball/photos/forums/nuke.php on line 330

getting that message now

What integration is this?

Is this Nuke is this PostNuke there is a big difference here.

If this is nuke then in the nuke.php file

global $link, $pp_db_prefix;

change to this

global $link, $Globals;

then after altering that file reinstall

Chuck S
April 25th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Interesting is this an install or upgrade? Thats something I see usually on an upgrade when someone doesnt run an upgrade

PM me phpmyadmin link and signin

sitka
April 25th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Interesting is this an install or upgrade? Thats something I see usually on an upgrade when someone doesnt run an upgrade

PM me phpmyadmin link and signin

was clean install PM sent

Chuck S
April 25th, 2005, 08:13 PM
check out your install the table was created without the prefix which should have been fixed by what I posted

sitka
April 25th, 2005, 08:19 PM
check out your install the table was created without the prefix which should have been fixed by what I posted

thank you so much. :) I should have caught that. just was frustrated. thanks again

sitka
April 26th, 2005, 12:48 AM

when a user posts a photo in the interim message i get this:

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/softball/photos/image-inc.php on line 61

Chuck S
April 26th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Your host has disabled exec so you can not use imagemagick as your processor. You must in Global options set GD2 as the image processor

sitka
April 26th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Your host has disabled exec so you can not use imagemagick as your processor. You must in Global options set GD2 as the image processor

host said has bundled (2.0.28 compatible) GD2 installed
hmm it was set on GD2. it uploads photo.... still has that error message

in member galleries says 1 photo on the main forum style layout page... go inside member galleries and shows that user has 3 photos uploaded.

haven't figured how to get comments working either.

Chuck S
April 26th, 2005, 01:25 PM
You sure it says in Global Options GD2? as exec is called by imagemagick not gd2

sitka
April 26th, 2005, 01:41 PM
You sure it says in Global Options GD2? as exec is called by imagemagick not gd2

yep i am sure

Chuck S
April 26th, 2005, 03:06 PM
you had jpegtran and jhead set which use exec

since your host has disabled exec you may not use these as well so you should be fine now with gd2

sitka
April 26th, 2005, 03:21 PM
you had jpegtran and jhead set which use exec

since your host has disabled exec you may not use these as well so you should be fine now with gd2

just so many settings to go through. i didn't turn them on?!? hmm just scrambling to get this installed and worth on my other projects. thank you kindly. just one more question if I may.

Can I use comments since I'm using the nuke plug in? Haven't figured that part out.

Also I'd like to put my site on your list of example sites for nuke. :)