PDA

View Full Version : Any plans to improve the feedback system?

djwins
January 9th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Despite the current featureset and the reasonable price-tag, the current feedback system is kind of a deal breaker for me.

It seems anyone can leave feedback for anyone else at any time, and that you can only leave one feedback rating per person (no matter how many transactions you perform).
Any plans on improving this?

You may want to check out http://www.phpbb-auction.com/.
They seem to have a better feedback system, which perhaps you can incorporate into your product.

Michael P
January 9th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Just so we are comparing apples to apples, Classifieds is not an auction script; it's a classifieds script with bidding capability built-in. Like all of our products we will continue to improve the features, but because we aren't just an auction script we don't always know who the buyer of an item is (when an item is sold without bidding). Multiple feedbacks work as long as you use only bidding and know who has purchased what and how many times.

djwins
January 9th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Yes, but the seller always knows who the buyer is.

I would consider making an addition such as prompting the seller to enter in a member name after they click the "Sold it" button.

It seems this software is designed specifically for message board communities.
Being the owner of a fairly large one (25,000 members), I have learned that when users find people they like to trade with, they will make multiple transactions with those people. Only allowing a user to leave one rating greatly reduces the accuracy of the entire rating system.
I could have 50 successful trades under my belt and still only have a +5 rating.

I would seriously considering checking out the above link to at least see how phpbb-auction implemented their system. It couldn't hurt.

I think you have a great product here, but it could be even better.

Thanks.

Michael P
January 9th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Except that the buyer may not even be a member of the site. I'll check into it and take your suggestions into consideration once we get the vB3 Enhanced release done.

One thought about multiple feedback, weather you buy one product from someone or 50 - your opinion will usually match your last experience. If you buy 10 things and all transactions go well and you rate the top numbers, but then they walk off with your monry on the 11th, do they still deserve the 10 top ratings you gave them?

In general we look towards eBay for some of our implemented bidding features.

djwins
January 9th, 2005, 09:46 PM
I'll check into it and take your suggestions into consideration once we get the vB3 Enhanced release done.

Great, thanks.