PDA

View Full Version : I'm concidering IM, easy convert from GD2?

b6gm6n
January 7th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Hi..

Can i install IM? or would i have to get a server admin to do so? - plus if i made the convert is there anything i should obviously do? - i don't wanna miss anything...please advise, cheers

-T

b6gm6n
January 9th, 2005, 09:23 PM
well i went to the IM site and found nothing... looks like (well i'm guessing now cos of the lack of info) it's the server admins job to install this, i'm on a linux server..., great i downloaded a .rpm file? great...how many revs per minute? - i'll stick to GD...alot less bother IMO

-T

Chuck S
January 9th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Revs per minute LOL

I dont know why you did not find the install instructions on IM site there are there.

If you have SSH access to your linux server and root access you can install it at root level otherwise if your have SSH access to your site you can install a non-root install

The directions to install it are here.

http://www.photopost.com/howtoinstall-php.html

Server admins do not need to install it. Thats only if customers do not have SSH access and the server admins are nice enough to install it

Michael P
January 9th, 2005, 10:18 PM
www.rpmfind.net I think is the site where I've gotten the RPMs from in the past. I installed it once a long time ago and now up2date keeps it up to date.

I think an admin has to install it - although there may be another way; Chuck should check in and offer his input.

Chuck S
January 9th, 2005, 10:42 PM
I think we replied at the same time ;)

I install ImageMagick on any Linux server when a customer who pays for an install has SSH access so NO a server admin does not need to install it

By the way I never use rpm's I always build from the source code.

b6gm6n
January 10th, 2005, 12:45 AM
i've just asked the admin to do all the installing for me...i'll report back!

-T

b6gm6n
January 10th, 2005, 09:07 PM
admin told me he's installed it for most his servers, if it's not on mine he'll install right away! groovy baby!

so, do i then make the switch just via the admin pages only...no need to edit any files?
ooh will my .png overlay still work? should do ..anyways..

-T

Chuck S
January 11th, 2005, 09:01 AM
It all depends if the png will work depending on the associated libraries he installs it with.

Yes you just switch to it in the admin options correct

b6gm6n
January 11th, 2005, 12:40 PM
he said it's installed, great...but when i alter the setting from gd2 to IM...i check back it's still selecting GD2...cant get out of it...

-T

Chuck S
January 11th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Are you changing it in the admin global options?

b6gm6n
January 11th, 2005, 06:52 PM
ahh no...i have now though and it's ok, i was doing the config editor! :D

-T