PDA

View Full Version : Websites that use PhotoPost as View-only engine?

FrontSight
December 31st, 2004, 08:35 PM
Happy New Year everyone,

Just saw the email offering current customers 25% off new licenses.

Are there any good examples out there of using PhotoPost as a view-only tool for images on their website?

... Examples where there is very good visual integration with their website and the photos being viewed?

In other words, I have lots of images that people will want to look at, but I don't want it to be obvious that PhotoPost or any other tool is powering the picture viewing. I want my website's look and feel to be the major graphic element, not PhotoPost.

Any good examples of that, or comments from folks who have done that?

FrontSight

Michael P
January 1st, 2005, 07:54 PM
http://www.michaelpierce.com/gallery/index.php

This is my family website where I share photos with my friends and family. I don't use the user system (except to login as admin) and have no voting/comments enabled. Its strictly a view-only gallery.

FrontSight
January 1st, 2005, 08:18 PM
Hi Michael,

(I should know this but I don't...)

Is it possible to turn off all display of any descriptive text around the photos?

Beautiful family, btw.

FrontSight

Michael P
January 1st, 2005, 10:29 PM
You can turn off most of it and then edit the templates and easily remove anything you don't want (I think most can be turned off in admin).

Thank you - there all keepers.... ;)

Imajine
January 1st, 2005, 11:24 PM
I'd like to turn off the thumbnails' title and poster's name.

I have looked into the admin side and did turn the title and description off; only the description part is turned off, and I don't know where to turn off the poster's name.