PDA

View Full Version : Beta Testing with same Lic??

iphoto
December 28th, 2004, 05:53 PM
With ref to mess up happenedhere (http://www.photopost.com/members/forum/showthread.php?p=1086320) I would prefer to install fully operating another version of PP with X number of Beta users. This will be primarily used for testing addition or any features offered by PP

Is it okay to use the same Lic for this purpose?? I think it makes sens :D

Michael P
December 28th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Per the license agreement, you would need to have two licenses to have two version running concurrently.

iphoto
December 28th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Per the license agreement, you would need to have two licenses to have two version running concurrently.

This is not fair. Considering the lack of documetation and bug lists it makes sense to test it before we apply any feature. Even VB allows installing test version

Else can you ensure that such bugs will never occur :D

Michael P
December 28th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I'm not telling you that you can't test the software - what I'm telling you is what the license says. If you have a nonpublic test version up for a short period of time for testing, then I doubt anyone would complain. If you run two copies for an extended period of time, you might encounter a license problem.

We do allow for an additional installation during BETA testing of the BETA products, but those must be removed when the BETA is over.