PDA

View Full Version : Convert Smartor's Photo Album to PhotoPost

agiacosa
December 27th, 2004, 08:55 AM
I currently use phpBB2 and Smartor's Photo Album, a very popular hack for phpBB2. I am converting to VBulletin 3. I would like to use PhotoPost once I convert. Is there any way to import the Smartor Photo Album to PhotoPost?

Thank you,

Art

Michael P
December 27th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Do you have a link to their product? I'm not familiar with it and a converter would have to be custom made. We do offer customer services for a fee and omegtron has done several conversions for a fee. If you would be interested, drop him a line.

agiacosa
December 30th, 2004, 05:35 AM
http://smartor.is-root.com/ is the site. It is the most popular Photo Album hack for phpBB2. I'll try and PM omegtron.

Thanks.

ljcaswell
August 19th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Did you ever get the photos imported. I'm in the same boat and have e-mailed omegatron.

Chuck S
August 19th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Interesting I dont see any emails about smartor from anyone lately. I had someone ask about this a long time ago most likely the user above.

ljcaswell
August 23rd, 2005, 09:39 PM
Interesting I dont see any emails about smartor from anyone lately. I had someone ask about this a long time ago most likely the user above.

Hi Chuck:

I e-mailed you Thursday of last week, and again today. I sent mail to the address on your post.

Could you perhaps e-mail me at [removed]
Thanks.

Chuck S
August 23rd, 2005, 10:30 PM
Emailing me directly is no problem but you should get a confirmation email stating you must confirm yourself or your email is treated as spam. I would assume this is the case.

ljcaswell
August 24th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Emailing me directly is no problem but you should get a confirmation email stating you must confirm yourself or your email is treated as spam. I would assume this is the case.

I don't get any reply at all...

never mind...found it in my spam filter :)

Chuck S
August 24th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Yep whenever you dont get a reply nowadays you know its always a spam filter ;)

One of the reasons why I have anyone who sends me a personal email confirm themselves so I dont get spam

ljcaswell
August 31st, 2005, 07:32 PM
Did you get my request for help? I haven't heard anything back.

Chuck S
August 31st, 2005, 07:40 PM
Your Lance right?

Yes it was in my spam filter. Haven't got to respond to it yet as we have been busy. I can tell ya though importer take a while to make and test.

ljcaswell
August 31st, 2005, 07:43 PM
Yes - I'm Lance.

I'm really desperate to get this going, and am willing to pay well. I love my new photopost software, but really need to get those old photos into the new system.

Shoot me an e-mail with a quote and a timeframe....please.

ToyotaDiesel
February 1st, 2006, 02:30 PM
Any word on the smartor import script?

ljcaswell
February 1st, 2006, 05:43 PM
I requested some custom work to get this working, as I really needed it...said I would pay well for the work, sent them a copy of my DB structure - never heard anything. That was almost 6 months ago.

I had 3 of my staff manually move all the photos and comments into Photopost - took them about 40 combined hours for approx 500 photos.

ToyotaDiesel
February 1st, 2006, 09:11 PM
Nice...

miketrin
August 1st, 2006, 10:27 PM
has anyone been able to convert smartor to photopost?

Andy R
September 12th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I am also looking for a Smartor import. Is there one available?

Chuck S
September 12th, 2006, 02:52 PM
There is not one available no.

Andy R
September 12th, 2006, 03:09 PM
That is a bummer. Hmmmm... I have 1,200 photo from hundres of members to move over, not an easy task to accomplish manually. How do you suggest I go about moving over to PhotoPost?

From doing some searching it seems there was an import script for vBGallery. Do you know where that script can be found now that you acquired vBGallery?

It seems that there are a lot of phpbb boards using Smartor. Wouldn't it be wise to create an import script for this? I know you mentioned somewhere that you create import scripts for commercial products but it seems that this could be a big market for you. I think if the phpbb community found out there was such an advanced replacement for Smartor you would get lots of new clients.

Any advice on how to successfully convert to PhotoPost would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

alexv1n
September 21st, 2006, 12:39 AM
I need exactly that too. I'm converting my phpBB2's photo album to PhotoPost and it's no fun task to move the photos manually :(

I think someone just needs to write the importer for Smartor's album...

Count my vote in.

bluechris
January 1st, 2007, 08:29 AM
Guys any luck on this? I am in the same boat here.... and i am also desperate to do this.... any help will be great appreciated.

The point is that there are a lot of people that run sites with phpbb and smartor's album and need help in that to move to vbulletin and photopost. Also i believe that a guy with good knowledge can do this script but for me is out of my strength. I tried but i run in constant troubles.

SolPal
January 2nd, 2007, 10:48 AM
I'm interested in this too I 500+ images with 1000+ comments I would like to import

topmedic
January 2nd, 2007, 11:35 AM
I was in the same boat as you guys months ago. I am glad I did not wait and manually moved 1300 images from my Smartor Photo Album. There's a bulk upload in Photopost that can upload photos and you assign them to a particular user. It's a pain, yes, and an importer would have been nice but from the response I got when I first inquired, I don't think an importer for Smartor will be available anytime soon. If it's any consolation, I have not regretted moving to Photopost.

SolPal
January 2nd, 2007, 01:28 PM
I was in the same boat as you guys months ago. I am glad I did not wait and manually moved 1300 images from my Smartor Photo Album. There's a bulk upload in Photopost that can upload photos and you assign them to a particular user. It's a pain, yes, and an importer would have been nice but from the response I got when I first inquired, I don't think an importer for Smartor will be available anytime soon. If it's any consolation, I have not regretted moving to Photopost.

How about the comments and the ratings?

topmedic
January 2nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
How about the comments and the ratings?

You have to move everything manually, even titles and descriptions. And with Smartor's funky way of renaming the files on upload, I had to download all the images so I can associate the titles. It made it more difficult for me since about half of my images are medical/pathologic slides. I don't have that many comments so I did not bother to move them (move here means copy and paste :( ). Ditto with ratings, no. of views, etc. Thank God, that's over. If only I can write a converter but my field is not computer-related.

amagab
January 30th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I really want this import script as well. It seems to have been done before as I found this in the archive:

http://www.photopost.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-117177.html

But I haven't been able to reach that person. I'm sold on PhotoPost but only if I can import my images and comments from Smartor.

Please, someone give us a solution.

Thanks!

Piercer
February 17th, 2007, 07:18 AM
I am at the same problem - need to convert Smartor's gallery to vBulletin vBadvanced Gallery. Will anyone help me please! I have more than 1.000 piercing pics and they are all down ((

Chuck S
February 17th, 2007, 10:59 AM
You can attempt to use that script but it is unsupported by our company since it was not written by us or released by us

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117901

There is no official supported script released by our company

amagab
February 17th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I will pay someone who is able to make this script (mentioned in previous post) work for the latest version of vBGallery. I have over 1500 images and a ton of comments that I want to migrate to vBGallery. As I said, I'll pay you if you can help me with the migration.

Thanks!

internetbrother
February 3rd, 2008, 02:52 AM
The only way I can buy photopost is to have a reliable convertor
and for months I am watching this topic

EthalFer
August 26th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Did you anytime get the photos imported. I'm in the aforementioned baiter and accept e-mailed omegatron.

amagab
August 26th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Did you anytime get the photos imported. I'm in the aforementioned baiter and accept e-mailed omegatron.

I ended up paying someone $500 to have it migrated. Unfortunately, I didn't get any script or anything as the guy did it on his own. But then the guy screwed me on another project so I'm not going to refer you to him. :mad: